WEB Is there money to be made w/ few skills?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Robb, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

I would consider myself to really have few skils at webdesign, etc. Ive made a few different webpages/blogs/forums and made a little bit of money at it, more than enough to cover my hosting. So my question is, does it take a ton of skills to make a living doing this, for those of you who do this full time, how did you start out?

2. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Takes hard work. Maybe some know-how. If I applied myself with all that I know, I'm sure I could make it my living..

3. Robb

Robb Guest

That is definately understood. I work hard at anything I do, this would be no exception, I think my methods tend to lean a little on the blackhat side of things, but I don't have a great many skills really, just a few self-taught ideas on websites and the like

4. symptic

symptic I run companies

In many online mediums, it takes nothing but a little money to make a little money. You can hire designers, consultants, etc. Your ROI may be 85% where as mine may be 135%, but you'd still be making money. Scale it up and the only limit is how much you put in.

5. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

Marketing

6. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

Basically you have to start out doing the work yourself unless you understand it all and can outsource it to trustworthy coders/designers because if they dont deliver, you still agreed to deliver.

I'm starting this myself. I've fucked up a few times but for the most part I've delivered what I said I would and it has led to more work and more money. I'm hoping to start taking on bigger projects and outsourcing most of it real soon.

7. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Ive been lucky I made a living out of website design and maintenance working for others mainly along the way ive learned alot of different skills. I think the keys are understanding the market and having enough skills or knowledge to get your ideas from your head onto the web.