Is there like an intermediate sized condom?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jcr847, Mar 18, 2009.

1. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

I;ve typically been a relationship guy and as a result, usually girls im with are on the pill so i havent bothered with condoms for a couple years now :eek3:

well im with a new girl now who's not on the pill and we're stuck using condoms for the time being, problem is, i cant seem to find one that fits well.

In my early days of sexual experience i used condoms and though i could get standard ones to fit, I often had problems ripping them and such. Now, however, I physically cant get the standard sized condom past the head of my dick, it's just too thick beyond that point. I've been using magnums and while the thickness is fine there's a bit too much length and im worried about it sliding off etc. So is there something in between with the thickness of a larger condom but with standard length?

Part of the problem is I just feel like a moron buying magnums and breaking them out with girls since, to be frank, my dick isnt that big (maybe a bit under 7" at its best), it's just thick and I dont want to feel like one of those douches who buys magnums because they think theyre huge when in reality theyre not...

So help vaginarium, what type of condom should i be using?

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If your dick is "maybe a bit under 7"" and you can't fit a normal condom around the head, you have a big dick.

Average size is 5.5-6" and not so big around that you can't fit a normal condom on.

Therefore you are bigger than average and are justified in getting Magnums.

I think someone at one point may have posted a "condom fitting chart" that told how big the different brands were relative to each other. I can't remember tho.

edit - I'd be more worried about a condom being too short (like stopping 2/3 way down your dick) than too long, as long as the ring part at the bottom is tight enough. The only ones I've ever had come off were ones that were "too short." At least I think this is what happened. Think about it; if there's a little extra play then it's definitely NOT going to come off (as long as the ring is tight enough). But if there is NO extra play because it's too short, then if it encounters any resistance at all, it's going to come off because it has nowhere else to go.

edit 2 - Cliffs Notes: buy Magnums. And why are you worried about "girls" freaking out when you bust out the box... you said you were with one new girl (singular) now. She should understand. And if you're ever in a situation like that, just be low key about it. Don't pull it out and wave it around and be like "LOL LOOK I HAVE MAGNUMS!! SEE THIS MAGNUM? DO YOU SEE IT? LOOK I HAVE A MAGNUM CUZ I HAVE A BIG DICK! I HOPE YOURE READY TO BE FUCKED BY MY BIG DICK COVERED IN A MAGNUM CONDOM!"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  3. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

:cool: i'd be interested in seeing this fit chart if anyone has it.

part of the problem for me is i definitely have a grower not a shower, as in flaccid i'd consider it small but erect it's respectable i guess. so naturally i guess im just insecure about buying magnums because i always think of them for like mandingo fuckers and at the time im buying the condoms, ie im flaccid, my cock is small im my mind.

4. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

thanks for the edits, this is exactly what i become insecure about, i dont flash it around but magnums come in the most gaudy wrappers to they're not very subtle, and my fear is despite me not saying anything the girl is like wow he must have a big dick and then we have sex and she;s kind of let down, like his dick isnt that big etc... whereas if it was ust a normal condom this wouldnt be a concern as there;d be no reason for unrealistic expectations on either her or my part...

5. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

I can't believe that really bothers you.

6. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

I don't think Magnums are actually any longer. They are just more balloon shaped. The bottom "ring" is still pretty snug.

7. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

im neurotic :o

edit: but i appreciate your post because it shows me that i clearly shouldnt be bothered by that

8. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

You really shouldn't.
    I think you're overanalyzing way too much.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Dude, your dick is "almost 7" long" and big around. She's not going to think you have a small dick afterward.

I would say that you're overanalyzing except you're not.

Someone who overanalyzes would do this:

- My dick is bigger than average
    - therefore she will not think I have a small dick

What you're doing instead is letting your insecurities control you. It's the opposite of being rational :big grin:

Who cares if you're a grower? You wear a condom when you have a boner, not when you're flaccid.

If you want to really surprise her, let her watch your dick grow. If it's small when it's flaccid and then it grows to "over 7"" and "too big around to put a normal condom on," she will probably pass out when she sees it metamorphasize in front of her from a cocktail weenie into a fucking Pringles can.

10. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

I dont disagree

thanks again and thanks to everyone who's posted, i usually stick to ot and was expecting bs responses. I had no idea the subforums could be such valuable resources, I'd definitely post relationship questions/concerns in here again :bigthumb:

11. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Probably because some dudes actually do this...... And he doesn't know what girls think.

12. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

True. Proof I definitely don't know what guys think.

13. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

pretty much spot on...

care to lend some insight as to what girls do think in these types of situations?

14. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

i found a fit chart one time, but i am unable to find it again

i use normal trojan enz condoms (the one in the teal pack) and the fucking ring at the bottom squeezes my dick, after a while it hurts and after i take it off you can see a red/purple line going around my dick from it

15. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

those are the exact ones i tried at first, figured they were pretty standard, couldnt get it on, too thin :dunno:

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

This.

17. victimizati0n

victimizati0n New Member

is that normal, or am i a bit bigger?

serious question, even though i feel like a retard

i never tried anything different because 1. they worked for me, 2. i didnt want to get a magnum and have it slide off during sex and have the chick go :mamoru: and 3. they fit me when i was younger, but i went a few years without getting laid and things changed :o :hsugh:

18. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Do you always have sex with the lights on or something? Why would she even see the wrapper?

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

lifestyles ultra. a bit more discreet
    there are tons of large condoms that don't SCREAM look at me

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

lights off sex sucks

21. Ducman69

Ducman69 New Member

I don't buy it, grab any condom and blow it up like a balloon and you can see how massive they get. Yeah the ring can be tight, but thats good and helps keep it in place and if anything will just help keep you harder. Perhaps its just that I'm not packing a sledge hammer and would be emasculated by your mammoth member if we were to compare, but I think its all just marketing BS. And if its ripping, make sure to squeeze the tip on application so there is a little room and no trapped air or just get a better brand or do less coke and PCP before wildly raping your victims... freak! :p

22. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

sex with the lights on is the best :ugh2:

23. jcr847

jcr847 OT Supporter

:werd:

more info on these? are they the same size as magnums? I just find magnums ostentatious and yes I realize it's a stupid thing to let bother me but it kind of does :dunno:

24. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

When I was younger and more inexperienced and wasn't as comfortable with myself (which I imagine most girls still aren't very comfortable with themselves) I wouldn't want to make the dude feel bad about it. It was still like a :mamoru: subject for me, so I just never brought it up. I never actually had an orgasm from sex before until this most recent guy. I would fake it all the time because I didn't have the heart to tell them that it just wasn't working as well as they thought it was.

25. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

whoops. looks like they changed the name from large... to "mega" and now back to king size xl.

what the hell lifestyles.

http://www.condomdepot.com/product/catalog.cfm/nid/231
    oh well. pick one