Is there even any point in TRYING to date when you live with your parents?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SolidRanger, Jan 16, 2010.

1. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I'm a fulltime college student entering my 3rd year. I haven't had a date in since before college because I'm embarassed of the fact I live with my mother while I go to school. I'm 23 almost 24, I have a part time time job, my own car, etc etc but it seems that women think I'm a loser because I live with my mom.

It's not like I like this arrangement. I lived on my own and worked full time for almost 2 years before I decided to go to school. My mom told me I could live with her rent free as long as I was in school and the deal was too good to pass up.

I'm counting the days until I can have my own place again and actually feel like an adult again.

Is there any point in even trying to date at this point? I mean even if a woman was cool with it, it would be weird to bring a woman home to my mothers house.

2. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

You're meeting the wrong women or something. When I lived with my parents, that was never was an issue with the girls I dated.

It's kind of funny because now that I have my own place, I don't go on nearly as many dates.

3. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

Do these women flat out say that you're a loser because you live with your mom? Or are you just self-conscious about the situation and believe that they might label you a loser?

4. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

just date freshman, anything better than a dorm with two other guys watching them HAS to be an improvement

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

1) Some chicks won't care if you live with your parents BUT:
    ---> some chicks won't care because they have low standards for themselves (avoid these)
    ---> other chicks won't care because they see that you are taking steps to improve your life. I lived with my parents for a while when I was 26 and saving up to buy a house (which fell through for a few reasons) but I never had a chick say "lol u loser" altho that's probably mostly because the phrase "buying a house" seems to make chicks wet.

2) chicks like "ambition," or rather what they perceive to be "ambition." As long as you have "ambition," you can live wherever you want and get tons of chicks.

3) Yes, it would be weird to bring chicks home if you live with your mom.

4) for the most part, it will only be an issue if you let it be an issue. If you're all embarrassed about it then the chicks will pick up on your weird vibes. If it's "no big deal" and the chicks can tell that it's no big deal, then it will really be no big deal. The right guy would bring chicks back to his parents house to play videogames for hours and she would love it.

6. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

:bowrofl:

7. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I think it is perfectly acceptable for a young man to live at home while studying.
    If a woman refuses to date you because you live at home she obviously has no long term view. If you study and get a good job in 10 years you have the potential to have bought a house and paid it off.

Silly bitches leaving the good guys to the rest of us.

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

we know how someone lost her virginity :mamoru:

9. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Well the free rent is the main reason I'm at home but my mother has muscular dystrophy too so she really needs my help to do maintenance on the house, landscaping, etc

10. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

With something like this I don't think it's a big deal unless you make it into one.

11. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

They don't come right out and say it, but I see them make that look...the "omg what a loser" look. I don't even get a chance to explain why before they seem to instantly lose any interest.

That's basically why I've stopped trying. I've been holding out until I graduated and got my own place again so women would stop thinking I'm a loser

12. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I think you're just meeting the wrong girls. If they find a problem with it I don't think you should want to date them anyways.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Not with that attitude

14. giz

giz Active Member

you haven't had a date because you live with your mom? :hsugh: I don't get it

plus if it comes down to it, just tell them your mom is senile and you need to take care of her. if you bring them home have your mom drool and make noises with her mouth

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah dude sounds like you're talking to superficial bitches.

16. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

How you say it has a lot to do with it too. If you say you live with your parents and then start listing off excuses why then it'll look like you're just making shit up.

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

with his attitude about it, its not going to go well even with a quality woman. insecurity is a huge turn off

18. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Never understood this line of thinking. I never let living with my parents affect my dating situation. It's all in your head.

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Yes and no.... It really is an obstacle for random sex and it is definitely not a point in his favor for dating. Doesnt really matter that much for dating though. Like everyone else said, you are in school. You arent a loser. If you think you are a loser and convey that, nobody is going to argue, so you need to stop that asap

20. Memopad

Memopad OT Supporter

Any girl worth a shit won't give a shit.

21. giz

giz Active Member

this dude hasn't even been on a date. why on earth would living with your parents prevent you from going on a date?

22. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

I believe the U.S. is probably the only country that living with your parents is looked down upon.

23. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

:werd:

I'm kinda self conscious about it too because i'm 24 and i live with my parents as well but thats the culture where i'm from. In Bosnia it's not uncommon for people to be living with their parents until they're in their 30's.
    I moved out with my ex when i was 21 and it caused a huge shitstorm in my house. My mom was fucking crying everyday, telling me she was embarrassed i was her son, she didn't know what she did wrong in her life for me to turn out this way bla bla bla. I couldn't move any of my shit out of the house, my clothes, furniture etc. because she wouldn't talk to me if i did. She never even told my grandparents back in Bosnia i was moved out, everytime they asked about me on the phone she'd tell them i was out or in school :rofl: nobody back home knew. It's a big deal in some countries. Try explaining that to some of these american girls though :rofl: :rofl:

24. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

:hsd:

25. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

walk in the house and scream loudly: "MOM IM HOME AND HUNGRY MAKE ENOUGH FOR MY FRIEND TOO"