MIL Is there any way to lie about having a disease to get in?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SmokeX28, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

Like i have an autoimmune disorder (lupus). Thing is it goes in to remission most of the time, and only flares up (active) like twice a year, though they last about a month each time and are extremely painful. Anyways, when its not active, blood tests would be completely normal, and w/e physical tests they do at recruitment wont be able to tell them i have this disease. So can i just lie and say i have nothing wrong with me?

how can they know? i really need college money lol, and i'd prefer loans to be a last resort...

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

they will def notice your superaids if they miss the lupus....

3. seven

seven New Member

if it turns up you lied later on in your career, you are fucked, really fucked.
    so think about it before you do it.

4. dontfrostthepie

dontfrostthepie New Member

check ar 40-501 for whether you can get in with lupus. fwiw, either try to get in the right way, or don't try at all. the last thing you want is an other than honorable discharge hanging over your head for the rest of your life.

and re college: there's a SHITLOAD of grants, scholarships, subsidized loans, unsubsidized loans, federal loans, state loans, money from employers, yada yada yada. there are much easier ways of getting college paid for than joining the military. my recommendation is put your efforts towards that (searching for alternative means of paying) if college is your primary motivation.

5. BLACK00Z28

BLACK00Z28 New Member

If you want to get kicked out later. They will find out about it eventually.

6. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

Read up on the AFI 48-123.

7. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

if you have it in any medical records they will find out.

8. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

i guess i cant join, after looking at all the health issues that can disqualift you. its insane. theres to many things that could disqualify you. i no longer support the US military in the war.

9. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:ugh2:

10. keleko

keleko yes, he is

shut the fuck up, get the fuck out and go kill yourself you fucking worthless shitstain

i really do hope you die in a fire

^ all that was needed to be typed out, smilies won't work

11. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

:rofl:

12. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

this has to seriously be a thread meant for trolling:hsugh:

13. s3rca

s3rca New Member

you wouldnt be supporting the war if we let you in with a disease or disability anyhow , if anything youd be hindering our ability to finish the job .

"i no longer support mcdonalds and the food they serve because i cant walk in without shoes or a shirt "..... gtfo of here

14. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

QQ :gtfo:

Well honestly i never really did support it, again i just need some cash for college. and the Military could provide me with that if i could join. if this country were to go to hell and lose the war for some screwed up reason, i would just move to canada or some shit. thats how much i support it here.

Wtf are you talking about? Lupus is either not active (remission) or is active (flare). go read up about it, before you come in here trying to be a know it all. dumbass...

15. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

you think because you've had it for a long time you can make shit up about it? YOUR experiences with it, does not apply to the entire population with it. your saying lupus doesnt go in to remission? thats just plain stupid, of course it does and here is my proof...

"With SLE, there may be periods of inflammation, called flare-ups, and then periods where there is little or no inflammation, called remissions."

taken from http://www.arthritis.ca/types of arthritis/lupus/default.asp?s=1

My organs are being affected by it, my doctor keeps bringing up my kidneys every time i get a pee test. But he doesnt seem to concerned about it, so i dont think anything of it.
    And yeah its MOSTLY in females, idk why you had to add that to your post, theres still the 10% of the lupus population that are males like myself.

16. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

well my Placement exams are insisting differently, seeing as i am eligible for both honors english and math courses. which is a great thing for me, since im majoing in computer science.

17. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

"May" is enough proof to prove my point. you were saying that my comment about my lupus not being active is false and not possible.. which is completely untrue.

also making comments about my college career like that without knowing anything about me really, is very immature. but go ahead and keep on saying shit, i dont really care, i know im going to succeed in college.

18. seven

seven New Member

maybe you should be majoing in English?

19. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

oh fucking wow, i made a typo...you must be new to the internet. those tend to happen when people type at midnight before going to bed, hell they happen when people are wide awake as well. its just something you need to get used to.

btw you forgot to capatalize "Maybe"

20. SmokeX28

SmokeX28 Guest

your comment to my initial statement ....

"Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.
    I'm saying you're incorrect on this statement.
    Nuh-uh.
    Nope."

Theres no way around it, you ARE saying that what i said was completely wrong. Whether YOU experience remissions or just have symptoms 24/7 does NOT mean other people dont experience remissions. I never said that every person with lupus experiences times where they have no symptoms. But i simply said I dont always have symptoms, but instead only get them about every few months or so. So yes i am correct in my initial statement that you claim is wrong, because you have your head to far up your ass to realize what you experience is not what everyone else experiences.

Im starting to think its affecting your brain, and not just your heart lungs and kidneys....

21. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Shut the fuck up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.