Is there any reason to work legs hard v.nonathletes

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Marijuanair, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

I have my leg day, but I hate it as much as most people. I hate being sore and walking funny, and when I do legs sometimes I get sick. I dont mind doing leg curls/extendtions + leg press + calves as part of a moderate leg routine, but I'm not finding the motivation to do squats and deadlift or pushing my leg press extra hard because I'm not a competing athlete/body builder. Doing legs hard is also hurting my ultimate goal, to cut body fat, because I cant do cardio when I'm stiff and swore for 3-5 days :)hsugh: yes, I said 3-5).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  2. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

your a fucking pussy, just quit

3. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

wow stop being a bitch do legs

you can still do cardio if you are sore

4. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

Do more curls and your legs will grow.

I did a 6 mile moderate/hard hike after leg day. Don't tell me you can't do some fuckin cardio.

5. Marijuanair

But what's the point? My legs will still get stronger from biking/ rollerblading/ jogging and the moderate workout I do now, I just cant seem to find a reason to push legs hard :dunno:

6. Marijuanair

It's not that I cant do it, it's just that it hurts more and I fail sooner, also my knees bulkle when I jog if I just had a hard leg day.

7. Perkwunos

because they wont get stronger

8. Durk

Durk New Member

:ughwerd:

You should only bicep curl, besides the obvious getting all the girls, also has no inluence on your cardio. Maybe some bench with friends if you want a little variety. Teh ultimate routine :mamoru::mamoru2::mamoru:

9. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

If it wsa easy everyone would do it. You either have what it takes or you don't. I'm going to go with the latter. You can be small but don't come on here bitching about it.

10. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I would say so your upper body doesn't get out of proportion with your legs, but I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

If your goal is just to be in better than average shape then no you don't really need to squat.

11. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

i work my legs enough when i walk everyday:ugh:

plus, i have stairs in my house, so thats like doing squats, right?

12. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

if you want to be a faggot, and look like shit with shitty legs, then you should just quit lifting all together, and get gang fucked in a leather bar...you would propably enjoy it more.

13. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Here is the deal, there is NOTHING wrong with what your intending to do. You don't want to squat a million pounds, big deal. Everyone is afraid to post their goals on here with fear of getting flamed. You don't want legs that rub together and are gigantic but provide you with more than enough strength for you current hobbies and look good while doing so. Thats your goal and you shouldn't change it for anyone but yourself regardless if your a "pussy" for not sqauting 365lbs on your last set for 6 reps. Now, there are some misconceptions w/ your post though. 1. Putting on some muscle on your legs will only help you cut body fat that much faster. You burn cals while lifting and during recovery. Not only that, but your RMR then goes up as you now have more muscle to feed during your periodes of resting. I push my legs as hard as I can go whether bulking or cutting. 2. You can do cardio the same day and or the day after. I usually get a little light headed during leg day b/c I only work legs once a week, so I hit them EXTREMELY hard. A good way to keep from being so sore the next day is to go run a couple miles afterwards. I usually have to wait about 5~6hrs before I feel there is enough in them to go run, but I do run the same day as legs. I run about a 7:30 pace(which is VERY slow for me) and just listen to my music. This helps with recovery TEN FOLD for me and the next day I am not even half as sore as I am on days when I don't run. So do what you want to do, but pushing your legs harder will only yeild better results for everything from your standpoint.

14. Perkwunos

Why in the hell wopuld anyone go to the gym and work onyl half of there body? If there is something preventing him from doing squats fine, But it's retarded to tell someone to only work half of there body, If you are going for the you don't need to do X to stay fit crap, thne he does not need to do bench, or curls, or DL's either, hell, he does not NEED to go to the gym.
    And if the person is going to be a fucking pussy, then they should just stay the fuck out of the gym. If you have a serious probablem with squating, then by all means dont do it, but if you are not doing it because you are sore, QUIT NOW!

And this gfagot buttseks, dont fucking UGH werd me, You are not goign to get fucking strong by riding a bike or running!

15. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

:rofl:
    how drunk are you exactly?

16. Kozzy McKoz

Kozzy McKoz OT Supporter

Doesn't squatting/deadlifting burn a shitload of calories. Thats' pretty good for losing weight.

17. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Most people don't squat a million pounds, moderate squats, and pretty heavy deadlifts will help your gains all around.

18. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

Wasn't it also decided that squats and deadlifts did increase testosterone production or something? Heavy compound lifts was what I heard.

19. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you don't have to get sore

20. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

i've seen soar plenty, but swore is definitely a new one :rofl:

21. Marijuanair

Ok, that's kind of the responce I was looking for. I never said I dont do legs or that I never want to squat, I just needed to know if there was any reason why I would want to for my current fitness goals. :dunno:

22. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

Your only as strong as your weakest link.

23. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

I see it as a source of pride that your willing to put yourself through the suck related to leg exercises when other people aren't.

24. 1.8t

1.8t Member

What the fuck are you talking about. When did I say don't work legs?? The guy said he didn't want to do squats and was going to train his legs with the hipsled, leg curls, etc. While not the most efficient exercises, they will still keep some strength in the legs. Read before opening your mouth, your not supposed to be a newb.

25. Perkwunos

have you read the thread title "NEWB"?
    and why the fuck should we as OTF&N make this one pussy excusable, yet make fun of all the other pussies in our faggot comercial gyms, who curl in the squat rack. Quit being RETRADS and MORANS, pull your dick from your asss, grab your balls, and dont allow people to be complete fucking VAGINAS! There are women on this forum who exhibit less vaginistic tendencies than this guy, and they are not training for a sport!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.