Is there a way to print a .xls spreadsheet as a calendar?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Camp OTE, May 14, 2006.

1. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

I'm always making schedules for work that use dates for items due and I'm looking for a way to print them as a calendar instead of just a list. Is there anyway to set this up?

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Type "calendar" in the Excel help page.

3. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

Maybe I should rephrase what I am trying to do.

I have a schedule of dates for parts that my shop has due. I use excel to make the schedule. Each row is a different part on order and each column is a different piece of information about the part. This is really easy for me to use because I can search and edit things easy. The problem is that my shop workers schedule time much better when they see a calendar.

Right now I am basically adding, deleting, and changing the items constantly on an outlook calendar and was hoping there was a way to turn a spreadsheet into a calendar where I would only have to edit the spreadsheet.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I would assume if you format the excel sheet properly, you can import it into outlook as a calendar.

5. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Probably with some scripting in Excel but I'm sure the recent security changes in Outlook would make it a PITA to do. It would be very simple to do if you had a Sharepoint server.

6. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

I've never used a Sharepoint server or actually heard of Sharepoint. Can you shed some light?

7. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

www.microsoft.com/sharepoint

There is a free stripped down version available with Windows 2003 R2 server (if you have it, of course). One of the features is that it allows you to import an excel file to a list, and the list can be displayed in a calendar view.