TAT Is there a tattoo religion?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sparq, Jul 17, 2006.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

Sorta seriously thread, is there any kind of religion that is into / requires tattoos? This place im going to be working for has the normal tattoo thing in their paper work saying that no exposed tattoos except that are religious in nature? I would think that would be something you WOULDNT want exposed on your employees, I mean going into peoples homes, what if you goto goto some NeoNazi guys house and you got your big fuckin star of david tattoo exposed.... doesnt that just seem a little weird?

Just curious if there are any "religions" out there that say tattoos are the shit - I have a small tattoo on my hand, no one ever notices it except when I am drinking and playing poker so im not really worried about covering it up. But just curious if such a thing is out there - because I am really considering a hand-to-full sleeve type of tattoo and I dont think walking around with a white glove on like Michael Jackson would be a good idea :mamoru:

2. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

just get a big jesus tat on your arm, that’s religious. or you could get a zombie Jesus sodomizing the whore of Babylon.

3. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

I've never heard of a religion that requires tatoos if that is what you are asking.

4. sparq

sparq New Member

:x:

Help me look harder

5. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

I have heard of the church of body modification. A Costco employee tried to use that as a reason to keep extensive facial peircings while working as a chashier. Her case lost on appeal saying even though it may have been in sincer beleive she did not make ANY EFFORT to conform. Not sure if thats what you were looking for, but it might help if you could find more info on it.

6. low20

low20 Member

i dont htink it means that u can have it if your religion requires it, i think it means that if you are religious and have a cross for example, then that would be okay. im sure they have a limit to that too...they might not tell u, but you might not get hired if you have a devil tattoo exposed b/c ur satanic or something....doesnt seem right tho.

7. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

the COBM was money-making sham :rolleyes:

8. Memor

Memor Active Member

:werd:

On the train home yesterday I sat next to a guy who I ended up finding out had a half sleeve of a very detailed and colorful Virgin Mary, in tears, holding a shotgun into her mouth and about to pull the trigger. Wonder what a workplace would say about that being religious/appropriate. Tat was gorgeous though.

9. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

I think tattoos for religious reasons.... its just a way of covering theirs asses in case something like that appears

10. TheOutlawTorn

TheOutlawTorn New Consequence Machine

Honestly, if you believe that much in a symbol (tattoo) it could be considered relgious in a way. :dunno: just thinking outside the box.

11. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

In Thailand the Theravada Buddhist Monks in certain parts of the country tattoo people with quite intricate designs. Its not "required" but its also not looked down upon (by the monks doing it.. there are mixed feelings from the general public). They are meant to protect the person from evil and things of the sort.

12. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

O. I never looked into it, just knew about it from legal research. It seemed like it could be legit though with modern primitives etc. idk ive heard crazier i guess.

13. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I guess you might be able to say a lot of real tribal stuff might also be psudoreligious

14. MILF

MILF New Member

That's why I have tattoos that are of mother nature ;) so I guess my tats are spiritual to me!! And is there a difference to be spiritual vs religious? ( Tattoos )