Is there a product cheaper or better than this one...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by neotheanomoly, Aug 24, 2003.

1. neotheanomoly

neotheanomoly New Member

i went to the radioshack website to look for a pc to tv converter, and only found 1 converter. do you think this is too expensive for it? if there is another one cheaper out there, can anyone tell me where to find it? what i need this item for is i want to have dvd's that play in my dvd-rom drive play on my tv without the picture quality being cut. this product says that it converts the pc code to a tv code so the resolution is good for a tv.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=25-3085

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Well... my first thought is you should be able to find a video card with TV out cheaper then $100 (I haven't looked at video card prices lately so I dunno). Depends on what you want to do. Doesn't look like a bad price, but then I don't get out much...

3. JimboJones

JimboJones Guest

Yeah you should be able to find a video card with S-Video TV out built into the card for less than $100.
    Look for ATi 9200 chipsets or NVidia GeForce FX5200 chipsets. You could even look for older chipsets like ATi Radeon 7000-8500 or NVidia GeFroce 3 and 4 if you are not into playing recent 3D games.