GUN Is there a blue-book for gun values??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BlazinBlazer Guy, Jul 18, 2004.

1. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I've been put in charge of finding out what the value of some guns in my grandfather's collection are. Mostly we are dealing with WWI and WWII surplus rifles and handguns. I'm just wondering if there's a value guide I can search through. I'm not really too knowledgeable about these yet, so any help I can get would be great. :bigthumb: Thanks.

2. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

Post the guns and we'll tell you an approximate value. It is hard for you to get a specific price unless you have knowledge in grading them. If there is a Thompson in your collection, I've got dibbs.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

In that case, I'll just take them to the classic arms dealer and get them apraised. We're not selling these, they're being inherited by his grandsons (I'm one of them) and we need to know what they're worth to determine how much of his estate ($ wise) goes to whom. :bigthumb:

4. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Thats a good idea since WW1 and WW2 firearms aren't even sold by the Blue book value. Mostly are sold way over the book price. At least going to a dealer who works with this stuff, you will get a better price on what you have