GUN Is their a law to owning or carrying a Uzi??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Guz200sx, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

My cousin (who is only 17) just showed me he bought a Uzi earlier in the month at a gun show through a friend who is legally old enough to buy one.

Anyway, i'm shocked...I've never seen one and now I have, up close and personal. Weird...He told me he wanted one and now he has one.

But anyway, is their a law that restricts you from owning one? I think its considered to be an assault weapon right (or something to that effect)...I don't think your allowed to carry one though right? Even with a permit?

Any one know about this?? :dunno:

2. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

the method your cousin employed to get that uzi is illegal, not to mention he isn't even old enough to legally own one.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Your cousin and his friend made a straw purchase and delivered a firearm to a minor and they're well on the road to :buttsex:

The semi-auto Uzi is considered an assault weapon yes. i don't know if VA has any state laws regulating such weapons. You'd probably get arrested for disturbance or something if you were just carrying it around on you for giggles. In your car is usually fine.

4. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

is it a real Uzi, [​IMG] or something more like a cobray M-11? [​IMG]

5. Guz200sx

more like a cobray M-11[​IMG]

6. Guz200sx

HELLS NO! Not in my car!! :nono:

7. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Those are considered pistols, not assault weapons, and he can't legally have it until he is 18. I wouldn't want him to be caught with it, but if he is at a range and is supervised it would be ok. But at that age, he is asking for some serious trouble with that thing, also the person who made the straw purchase doesn't understand the possible consequences of his actions.

8. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

uzis weigh too much to pass the pistol requirements. so, they usually have stocks, and must have legal-length barrels, unless they're NFA uzis.

one of which i almost bought here recently, because they're still relatively cheap for an NFA firearm ($3500-4000 if you look good enough). but, alas, home depot stock is in the shitter right now. to those of you with the money and the time, NFA machine guns are some of the best investments you can ever put money on. they are guaranteed to go up in value greatly every year. i mean, depending on the market, prices can easily double in a year. and when you're talking about something that cost you an initial load of several thousand, doubling that isn't too bad.

as a minor, the only thing you could do is to pay the class III FFL dealer the money for the firearm, and wait until you're 21, then file your form 4, and once you get approved, you take possession of the firearm from your dealer.

9. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

It it would correctly be either a machine pistol or a semi-automatic pistol, but the whole MAC series is considered an AWB for the purposes of the 1994 ban.

10. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

I purcashed a Mac11 from a pawn shop a little while ago. I know i paid a little more than normal for it, but it's a rare find here in Utah. It has a threaded barrell and came with the flash supressor. i need to wait for the weather to be a little more reliable before i head out to the desert to go shooting with it.