TAT Is the underside of your arm a particularly painful tattoo spot?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Kerpal, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

This isn't a 'will it hurt' question... Just curious about something I've always heard a lot and have been wondering if it's actually true.

Is the underside of your upper arm *really* so much more sensitive that tattooing that area hurts a LOT more than doing the rest of your arm? My skin there definately is a lot softer & seems thinner somehow, but I wonder if people just blow it out of proportion.

I hear of people getting arm bands and skipping this area b/c it supposedly hurts so much more... I can't imagine it's that terrible though, how much worse could it be?

:dunno:

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

its all blown out of proportion. its no worse than the rest of your arm

3. lowell79

lowell79 New Member

Yes it hurts a bit more, but nothing intense. People who skip the area are obviously pussies. I had both my upper arms done with negative flames (which is all shading and no lines) all the way around in one night. Eventually they will be colored in, Here's a pic if anyone cares :mamoru:

[​IMG]

4. Kerpal

Kerpal handlobraes

I figured.

Any close up pics of the flames?

5. cheltron

cheltron Active Member

my only tattoos are in those areas, both arms. couldn't tell you if it hurts more, but i can tell you that it wasn't that bad. the front lower doesn't hurt, the upper (closer to armpit) and rear (closer to tricep) increases in pain. it was enough to make my arm twitch a few times, but not enough that i was gritting teeth or anything. give'r hell

6. StarDamage

StarDamage Good grief! OT Supporter

nah - its kool. I mean you feel it, but no more than any other place. The pain should never more of a factor in your thinking than the end result anyway, so it aint worth worrying about. Not that you were though.

7. yes

yes New Member

hurt isnt a good word for it. at least in my case tattoos do not hurt, its just a sensation you are aware of and get used to rather quikly, in that area i was just more aware of where the needle was specifically, but unless an artist just just terrible, going in too deep and gouging chunks out of your skin i just dont see how any tattoo could ever actually hurt regardless of placement.

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

go get your neck tattooed and come and tell us it doesnt hurt:ugh2:

9. TheChinkyEyedBandit

TheChinkyEyedBandit New Member

After a while the tattoo on my outer arm feels good, almost addicting. It's sort of like scratching a scab, it sorta bothers when you touch it but it feels good. Once you get inside the arm, it starts to get a bit tender. Your skin feels like it rides along with the needle but like everyone said above, its nothing unbearable. On a scale, outter arm being a 2 on the 1-10 pain scale, and the inner arm being a 4. When the needle started going up my arm pit it was a sharp nagging pain but again nothing unbearable.

IMO my back hurt alot worst then anywhere on the arm, I'd rate it a 8 but thats because I haven't felt stomach or ankles yet. My friend has her tattoo's on her ankles and back. She rated ankle as the #1 painful tat, her arms are filled up also btw.

If you are worried about the pain factor when deciding to get a tattoo, then I dont think you are ready for a tat, atleast not yet. I've sleeved my arm and loved it. It just fills it out much nicer. It gets rid of the blotched look to complement more of a theme. I say do it, but then again thats just my .02 cents.