GUN Is the Seekins DBM the best option for the .223AI?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Market Garden, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Most of the guys on SH seem to prefer the Seekins DBM for their .223AI rifles. I know there aren't 10 rounds mags out yet, but I can live with 5 rounds for now. As I understand it, the AICS mags need to be modified to feed .223 style rounds, and they're more expensive than the Seekins setup anyways.

I know I could ask this on SH, but it's slow around here and I'm trying to drum up conversation.

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

It's how I wanna roll. Big fucking mags (OAL wise), excellent bottom metal design, and a mag release that makes a hell of a lot more sense to me then the AICS stuff.

My only bitch is that the mags are long, but that's the same bitch I have with AICS stuff. I don't think I could see myself rolling a 10rd single stack, even in a chunk.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Supposedly AI is going to be offering 223 AICS mags sometime in the near future FWIW.

4. I assume the AICS .223 mags are still going to be long?

Maybe I'll just go with the Seekins system then and not worry about it. I like the AR style mag release too.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

In all honestly, they probably will be. It would be a huge goatfuck if they didn't make them fit at least 2.5" COAL. But then again, who knows. I thought I heard once that AI made 223 AICS mags once long ago, but I've never actually seen one anywhere.

Personally, I like Glen, and think he makes some good stuff, so perhaps my opinion is biased. I dunno though, I had a rifle with an Badger/AICS setup once, and it didn't last long. Probably didn't help that it was a 308 though ;)

6. Well, it's settled then. I'll pick up the Seekins setup. I know the mags will fit my rounds (vs the unknown AICS) and I like the design.

7. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Well. That was easy.

8. I figured it would be. I wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was overlooking, and I was already strongly leaning to the Seekins setup. I'm just trying to pass the time and drum up some conversation in WMD. :hs:

9. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Well...... Lets talk about new stuff then.

I really want a K-Hornet. have a possible trade offer for my AK (Benelli M2), but if that doesn't work out, I think I'm gonna try and finaggle my way into a Ruger 77/22H.

10. The 77/22H would be sweet. I have my dad's 77/22 sitting in my safe now. I have a brick of SK Standard Plus ammo waiting to meet the rifle too.

11. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

The mag design on the Rugers is something that should be cherished. It's exceptional, and is what really sells me on the platform. Well.... that and user-changeable barrels that are cheap and easy to find. Just wish McM still made stocks for them.

12. And WTF Ruger using a 24" barrel on the 77/22.

13. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

if i scroll fast enough this thread looks like an AIM convo

14. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

15. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Yeah..... The hot setup is to just punch the factory tube to K-specs, and bob to 20" with a new crown. Word on the street is the factory Ruger barrels are damn good, but are cockblocked with shitty crowns and chambers.

16. O M G :bowdown:

Fuck you. Now I need to figure out which target setup I need, and order it.

17. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I snagged two small plain ones, two big ones with the middle and side flapper, and a large plain one.

Gonna make me a mini steel-safari I think. I've got some other stuff to shoot at, but those are completely tits.

18. How does the side flapper thing work? You just shoot the thing sticking off to the side?

19. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Yep, and it rotates to the other side I think.

There's a video on the page of people blasting them.

20. Yeah, I just watched it. I think just hanging the little ones from some string would work pretty well.

21. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

I'm hoping they will be here before the weekend, cause I plan on spending much of the break with gun stuff. Also got a CG Jackson Trigger, and an Atlas bipod to play with, as well as some stuff to finish my CZ452.

I'm hoping to not leave my shop/range the entire weekend.

22. You have a shop? Pics?

23. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Mebbe when I get home. I've been working on it for about the past month, but still have a long way to go. It's just a spare room in the barn that I'm re-modeling.

Gonna make it a man cave/war room. Still need to do a lot more building, wiring, etc. It's been fun so far though, as now I don't have gun shit all over my fucking house, and losing stuff all the time. I found shit I hadn't seen in years rat-holed away in various places.