Is the orginal dawn of the dead GORY?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kokomo, May 20, 2005.

1. Kokomo

Kokomo OT Supporter

How long is it? is it a good zombie flick?
    How about day of the dead is that any good?

2. rudezombie

rudezombie Guest

Dawn is just a fun movie. The plot is pretty basic, the action is fun & cartoonish. The gore isn't particularly disgusting, since the blood is a bright pink color, but there are some nice creative Tom Savini style kills. The only thing is that it probably seems a bit dated to today's audiences. Especially with movies like 28 Days Later & the Dawn remake. Personally I'd highly recommend it.

Day was a bit less fun. A good flick, but pretty depressing. Unlikable characters pushed to the edge of their own sanity by a hopeless situation. If its gore you're looking for, this is your movie. The last few scenes have some classic gore effects.

3. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Maybe less "fun", but possibly an even better movie. I think Day of the Dead is really underappreciated and less respected than it should be, just because Dawn gets so much attention.

And frankly, I can understand why Captain Rhodes wants to kill all the scientists. They're a bunch of arrogant jerks.

4. rudezombie

rudezombie Guest

Didn't say I didn't like it. In fact, from a film making standpoint, its definitely the best of the three. I really can't understand why horror buffs shit all over it either. I mean it had a solid story, decent (if a bit over the top) acting, and the makeup effects were top notch. But like you said, I think people just wanted another Dawn. I mean personally, even though it may be the more flawed of the two, I can watch Dawn 100 times and never get tired of it. Day.. well I have to be in the mood for it.

5. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I agree with all of this.

I'm the exact opposite. I've watched Dawn once since I bought the DVD last summer. I've watched Day probably 5 or 6 times in that same span. :dunno:

6. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

7. chiisu

chiisu New Member

Haven't seen the remake, but I really liked the original. I knew it wasn't high-budget so the dated and cheesiness don't bother me at all.