COMIC Is the Ninja Scroll sequel any good?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by L7, Feb 17, 2004.

1. L7

L7 Mr Negativity

I was flipping through the latest Best Buy:)greddy: ) ad and it had some other Ninja Scroll DVD listed that wasn't the original movie.

I've been meaning to pick up the original(even at the cost of $20+ :sad2: ) so if the sequel is any good, I'll snatch that up too.

And by any good, I mean comparable to the original.

2. tom3

tom3 ...

if you're talking about ninja resurrection, it's not actually the sequel. it was probably a marketing ploy by conveniently using "jubei" as the character's name due to ninja scroll's success.

about the actual movie... if you enjoy mindless violence and animation, it's pretty good. otherwise if you try to follow the plot, it blows hardcore. it builds up pretty well up to a critical point... then it just ends. out of nowhere. kinda like a WTFFFF there must be some kind of continuation... but there isn't. :dunno:

it's worth a download, but not worth a buy IMO.

3. Soju N Coke

Soju N Coke New Member

theres also a ninja scroll TV series. but in my opinion is not worth the buy or watch either. the ninja scroll resurrection you saw at best buy is no where good as the original. The animation in resurrection is way crappier and different.

the only anime "movies" that i think is very comparible to the original Ninja Scroll is Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  4. Los

Los Active Member

Rented Ninja Resurrection. What a bomb.

5. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

To help clear things up a little bit. there's
    Ninja Scroll : Main character was Jubei. Considered an anime classic in many regards, and one of my favs. There's an Anniversary edition out now which is about $20-30

Ninja Scroll Resurection : Different Jubei entirely and different story, This one I think is more of a historical legend with some actual people that existed. Case in point the Jubei in this one is Jubei Yagyu who was an actual person in feudal Japan. And not that great an anime imo.

Now to answer the Question
    Ninja Scroll TV series : Same Jubei as from Ninja Scroll and a pretty good series. Some good action and animation quality is pretty good. Still waiting to see how the story pans out though.

6. That movie sucked total ass.

I hated the time I spent watching most of it and it blew fucking balls.

7. TheEvil1

TheEvil1 Hell is other people OT Supporter

the TV series is pretty good, i have the eps om my comp, its worth watching, the anamation is good and the story is interesting,

8. Jayzian

Jayzian Get Head

TV series is pretty awesome, a couple of the shows are weak but most of its damn good.