Is the ninja 250r a "chick bike"

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Schecter1277, May 12, 2009.

1. Schecter1277

Schecter1277 hi

It only cost 4k for a new one. That way I know it's history, and I don't really need a huge bike for point A to point B travel. It kind of serves the purpose like you would use a scooter. However, I don't want to ride a bike designed for girls.(especially in ergonomics)
    Seems to have the nickname "ninjette."
    Like I said, it fits my budget(I don't want to blow my whole wad on a bike if I can help it)
    Any opinions are appreciated.

My height: 5'10
    My weight: 150lbs

2. Frequency

Frequency New Member

I'm not really sure where to start for this one but i will say i have tons of fun riding my girlfriends 250 as often as i can

3. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

if u want it.....buy it.......if u dont then dont......go sit on it and decide on its ergonomics urself, u already stated it will serve its point a to b service.....you dont need anything else then........

to be honest when i see ninja 250r its usually an experienced looking rider who seems unsure of themselves

4. 7960

7960 New Member

yes.

but that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it. get what you want, and if anyone says anything you have my permission to tell them to fuck off.

5. Netwit

Netwit Pass the Kerbango

Only in America where guns are held on the same high shelf as the bible and tractors. 250 is great for mpg, point a to b, especially as a commuter. Easier to learn on for sure than something bigger obviously as well. Great resale value market, reliable...

6. c0ldf1ame

c0ldf1ame New Member

seems more like an beginners bike than a chicks bike? thats the rep it has around here anyways, btw my friend who is a girl took her old 250 up to 120mph on the freeway lol

7. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

Do you honestly think Kawasaki actually spent millions developing and marketing it only for girls who are a minority when it comes to motorcycles? lol. If anything the rep on it is a beginner's bike.

The riding position is between a supersport and a touring bike. It's not a full on lean but you also don't sit straight upright either. It's comfortable.

8. LiveSideways

LiveSideways Two bitches at the same time, synchronized swimmer

I've had many different types of bikes, and the EX250 was very fun in it's own way. Ripping through the first 4-5 gears and not even speeding :rofl:

9. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

riding position is same as a standard, like my fz1 or a naked sv650, or even similiar to that of the ninja 650r if im not mistaken

10. CantDrv55

CantDrv55 New Member

Wut he said^

Who cares what anyone else thinks? Life's too short to worry about other people's opinion.

11. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

think of the 250 as the miata of bike... people call it a "girly" car till they drive it in the mountains, then they realize it's a rev happy light weight rwd blast of a car... it's not fast in a straight line, but in the twisty bits is where it'll shine...

that said, i have a 250 and i love the little thing...

12. liquidPoop

liquidPoop .........................

lol its in no way designed specifically for women. its designed more for beginners if anything. if you want a fun, easy to ride and cheap bike then go for it. if you have issues with your dick size then go for something else

13. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

The only time a bike is a girls bike is if it's bright pink or has flowers all over it.

And what exactly are "ergonomics designed for women"? Do they put a dildo on the seat to help them stay on?

14. Schecter1277

Schecter1277 hi

It has nothing to with dick size, if you put the pegs up higher and the seat is closer to the handle bars. To fit the shorter legs and arms of the shorter "female rider" Remember, the average female rider is under 5'5, so a bike designed for women would be smaller than a regular "man bike"

wow... it never crossed your mind that they would design a slightly smaller bike for shorter riders? What I wanted to know was if the bikes shape and size fit with men (I am 5'10) or if it is a more comfortable ride for someone closer to 5'2.

15. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

To be able to flat foot on the 250, You've got to be at least 5'7 - 5'8. So being 5'2, you're on tiptoes, and can only flat foot one leg.

16. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

my girl is 5'3" and she has to tippy toe on the bike, can't flat foot it... ergo's match basically most other "standard" type bikes...

so no, this isn't a "smaller bike for shorter riders"... it's a small bike compared to super sports thats a given. you want a shorter bike get a cruiser

17. liquidPoop

I dont understand, what bikes are designed for someone under 5'5? Have you seen the bike or looked at the dimensions? I've seen it sitting next to cruisers and sportsbikes and its almost the exact same size and in some cases actually sits higher.

18. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

great beginner bike? yes

girl bike? only if you are an insecure fagget.

19. FastMax

FastMax New Member

i had one, loved it.

20. Chiron

Chiron New Member

<3 this place for being true, and showing true reason.

21. Schecter1277

Schecter1277 hi

Well, possibly the ninja. If they placed the pegs closer to the seat I would be riding with my knees at my elbow.
    Problem is it is almost always modeled with a girl sitting on top. So, I can't really get a good idea as to what how the bike will fit a guy.

[​IMG]

For those of you still hung up on engine size:

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT!

22. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

I'm still wondering if you're trolling or trying to justify getting a 600 as your first bike.. and it's not always modeled with a female. Just go sit on one and see if you'll fit.

[​IMG]

I'm 5'2", I can tell you that it's too high for me when I'm at a stop. Someone who's above 5'5" will have an easier time.

23. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

And there are rearsets available to move the pegs further back

24. Schecter1277

Schecter1277 hi

I'm not trolling I assure you. I want a 600, but I don't need a 600, I am mature enough to make that distinction. Plus, I like the price tag (the 600 is $2000 plus more) is smaller.

I'm not trolling, I believe the guys going "OMG U R UNCOMFORTABLE WITH UR DIK SIZE, GET A BIGGER BIKE FAGGOT" are the trolls.

25. liquidPoop

go to motorcycle dealer, sit on a bunch of different bikes and see how they all feel