Is the girl suppose to be the one that always starts the texting?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DC9, Jan 11, 2010.

1. DC9

DC9 New Member

I've been talking with this girl for a few weeks and we text hours everyday. She usually texts me first everyday. So usually if she doesn't text me, we don't talk that day. I text her first sometimes rarely. But like so far today, she hasn't texted me, so we haven't talked. I don't know if she's waiting for me to text her, or she's just busy. Like I wanna text her, but I don't want to come across at clingy.

2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

When does she normally start texting you by? 8am? 9am?

3. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

She's probably waiting for you to text her.

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

If you want to text her, text her. There are no rules about who has to initiate the conversation.

Maybe she's waiting for you to text her, maybe not. No harm in texting her if you want to though. Personally, I get annoyed if I'm the one always starting the convo with someone.

5. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

what haagerman said

i doubt you will look clingy if you text her, all depends if you want to play that mysterious game or not :dunno:

up to you

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Wrestle that notion away like it's a wild fucking boar. Because it is. That train of thought will spiral all your interactions with women into this mangled twisted fucked up situation that will leave you feeling insecure and rejected.

Yes, I know where this line of thinking takes you. I know what it's like to sit and wait for someone to text/contact you and sit there and have it work all kinds of shit into your head. The questions that barrage you while you wait can drive you insane. Why isn't she contacting me? Is she talking to another guy? Does she even like me like I think she likes me? Etc etc etc.

So, earlier in the year I said gooooood fucking bye to that notion of waiting for her to contact me first. And if you think about it, it really is passive agressive behavior. And it's MORE clingy to sit there and wait for someone to contact you than it is to just contact them and be done with it. Why? Because if you contact them, they contact you back, you aren't sitting there obsessing about it the whole time.

7. DC9

DC9 New Member

That's all true, I guess I am a little insecure about this kind of shit

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Well, shit, dude...we've all been there. Good god, I've been there.

But I'm tired of that kind of shit. And I realized that the more I try to adhere to certain kinds of "rules", the more the interaction becomes something I just don't want. Which is namely: a game. You start holding back, they start picking up on that energy (you DO put off a vibe when you do this shit, whether you realize it or not...and girls are pretty insightful to that vibe) and mirroring it back to you...making the interaction even worse than it was before. The moment they get a whiff that you are purposely waiting for them to contact you is the moment that things get really haywire.

I much prefer more authentic interactions these days. I know I'm not a "clingy" person. I know that if a girl is not into me that I will let her go and not look back. I don't need to project that through my interactions with a girl while things are good. I don't need to project an air of non-clinginess because at the core I know I am very well capable of letting someone go if they are no longer into me. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, and wacked off to the n00ds of it. :mamoru:

So, man, when you feel like contacting her and she hasn't contacted you, then send her a damn message.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

texting games :rl:

10. NCS

NCS Active Member

for the entire course of every relationship, i probably initiate texting one out of ten times. we aren't the talkers.

then again to me its not a game -- the statistics just turn out like this

11. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

OMG please just text her. This is dumb and I can say she's probably waiting on YOU to take the lead here.

Especially if you just started talking, she's as skiddish as you are "is he really into me, or just going along when I text him/initiate contact?"

Take an active interest in this girl if you like her!

What have you got to lose?

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

This is very true.

I was going to say something to this effect. Specifically about taking the lead and being active rather than reactive.

It's part of being a man I think.

13. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

if you text 10 messages throughout the day and dont get a reply, that's a sign. But refusing to text once ? :hsugh::hsugh::hsugh:

and call her, set up dates, get pussy.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

well dude, the chick initiating is high interest.

But you gotta return that sometimes, otherwise she's gonna think "he only texts me if I text him... he must not be interested."

15. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

relax man, texting is not a way of showing affection. do you hang out regularly?