A&P Is the Canon PowerShot S2 IS a good camera?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by BlackdeathM3, Jun 8, 2005.

1. BlackdeathM3

BlackdeathM3 ************************

I have been looking to get a new camera. I want to be able to take pretty good pics, and learn more about photography. I found the Canon PowerShot S2 IS at circuit city and it seems like a pretty good camera for the price.

I was really thinking about getting a digital rebel, but being that its $350 more, I am trying to figure out what to do.

I really don't know that much about photography right now, but I want to learn. I found out that on this powershot you can get a lens adapter set so I can mount better quality lenses onto the camera, just like the digital rebel. Now I know the powershot isn't a SLR camera, but how much does that improve a camera? I am thinking about getting this one and learning, and if I stay really into photography I would step up and get a rebel or something like it.

any thoughts?

2. angel_fiire

angel_fiire ******

I don't mean to sound arrogant, and this is only my opinion,if you want to learn how to take good quality pictures start with the basics, get yourself a basic manual setting film camera (nikon FM10 is very good), and a photography book (PHOTOGRAPHY,by Barbara London/John Upton/Ken Kobre/Betsy Brill) and shoot as much as you can, I know you have to take into consideration film cost, but it is vey important to learn the basics, because unless you learn them you woun't be able to use other cameras to their full potential; I mean you can get a Mark II, but unless you learn how to use manual, and how to make a good exposure, etc, etc, you are always going to use it on Auto. But If you want to buy a point and shoot and play around with it, then go for it.
    there.... My 2 cents