Is temptation in a long relationship a given?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by the_rebirth, Apr 14, 2005.

1. the_rebirth

the_rebirth embrace

Like at some point, will you or you partner have the temptation to be with someone else in the short-term?

2. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

yes... it will happen... it doesn't have to be a bad thing... just acknowledge it... and move on to what you are happy with (current partner)...

3. laracroft

laracroft teh croft

It does happen sometimes, and that's when you have to choose not to act on it (if you want to continue the current relationship).

4. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

I agree, if you have a healthy relationship, the urge shouldn't really come up. You may look at other people, but the thoughts of cheating shouldn't really be there if you truly love the other person.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I agree also. Personally in my relationship I of course look at other women and check them out. I think other women can be hott. However that doesnt mean I want to sleep with them, be with them, talk to them, or will think about them more than a second.

Yea temptations do exist, and thats why you do what someone already said and stay away from situations where strong temptations could possibly arise. If any temptation ever does come up, all I have to do is close my eyes and remember the love of my life, I smile and know that nothing could ever be better.

If you are worried about being tempted and cheating on someone then maybe you are with the wrong person. When you are with someone you truly love, there is just no urge at all to be with anyone else.

6. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

7. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

if your young and in a long relationship, of course you'll have temptations with other people, but I think if it's healthy and the sex is good, that it shouldn't be a problem :dunno:

8. Foolish

Foolish Well-Known Member

There are times when my girl will not give it up for an extended period of time and thinking of hooking up with another girls crosses my mind. I would never do it, but it still pops into my mind.

9. weakone

weakone New Member

I don't think so. I've been with my SO for over two years, and as far as other people go, I've got no temptation. I talk to other guys, but I don't want to hook up with any of them, and the thought never even crosses my mind. :dunno: I just don't want to even bother thinking about it. It's not going to happen and I love my relationship.

10. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

:werd:

11. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

yes its a given. its natural. if you act on it or not is the real challenge.

i've denied, and accepted that temptation. learned alot both times. such is life.

12. Original

Original OT Supporter

There will always be temptation for another partner, but overcoming the temptation is the true challenge.

13. Fearan

Fearan Guest

Yep. You gotta learn to move on because the grass isn't greener.

14. Alley Kat

Alley Kat Guest

Acknowlege it

Completely normal....the fact that you acknowledge it and figure out which is more important to you, you'll mature and so will your relationship with that other person. But denying that you find an attraction to other people means youre unprepared for a serious relationship. When you both realize thats its ok to find others attractive, but able to move on...then your relationship will continue to strengthen :wiggle:

Now that im off my soapbox.....

15. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Yeah -- you just have to be open about it and have self dicipline to "look don't touch." I think that's a fine rule to live by.

16. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

agreed...

17. Two toys

Two toys New Member

thats fucken bullshit..

dont fucken bring terms to the word "love"

thats how guys can go out and cheat on their girlfriends or visa versa and the other person will ignore all the signs because they are in love..

temptation and the thoughts of cheating arent wrong its human/animal nature

as long as you dont act upon it who gives a fuck.

18. Mordaine

Mordaine New Member

yes. and sometimes it will bite you in the ass. so make shure its someone you can beat up.....wait that was my problem.....uhhhhhhhh yeah it happens. just have to try to work threw it. and as far as my problem. he walked away with a broken nose, but thats what happens when you try something with my gf, and wich i left due to her actions as well.

19. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

definetly......me and my kinda ex gf dealt with this recently. shes alot younger than me, and she had feelings for another guy, and we broke up and i gave her that chance to see if thats what she wanted. well long story short, she dated him for a week, and she realized what she had was actually pretty good and thats not what she wanted, but now idk if i shoul take her back, but thats another story. so of course theyres temptations, wether you give it is something else.

20. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

it will happen you have to choose whats best for your current relationship if you love the person...otherwise, if you screw around you jeapordize everything.

21. Mikey

Mikey This one, this form I hold now, so Wide eyed and h

Never came up for me. My wife has everything I want, so I have NO need to look elsewhere