is she overreacting over my myspace page? i think so

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Brigante, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

cliffs at the bottom.

well, i've seen it here before but never thought it'd be something i could personally relate to. my g/f wanted to creat a myspace page so i let her log into mine to see what it's like. well she read some comments from a female co-worker and she flipped out and almost broke up with me last night over it. how sillly is that? i think it's extremely silly. someone on here mentioned myspace does nothing but ruin good relationships. i'm belieiving that it's at least partially true.

the greetings were friendly and non-romantic in nature from a co-worker who's happily engaged to be married and she makes it apparent on her myspace page that she's in love with her fiance. she has no romantic feelings for me at all. but no matter what i said, my gf wasn't buying into anything i had to say. there's nothing to buy, i have nothing to hide and nothing to lie about. i knew what was on my myspace page and knew she would see it but i wrongly assumed she would take it as they are, friendly greetings. instead she saw another girl say hi, how'd work go today? or happy thursday or merry christmas and is convinced that she's after me.

i was on the phone til 4am last night trying to resolve this mess. to this point, the strongest of the storm has passed but the storm still lingers. i asked her, "is this it? are you telling me this is done over what you saw on my myspace page?" she had no answer, couldn't tell me. just said i don't know. i personally think she's being extremely immature and making a fuss over nothing. again, i have nothing to hide from her as there's nothing there between me and my co-worker. she tells me she hates me but she loves me more, told to leave her alone but doesn't mean it; that she wants to hang up the phone on me but can't bring herself to do it.

any advice, tips, anything? i have my own opinion on how stupid it is to endanger a strong relationship over something like this. that's me though. i don't understand why she's so riled up over it. :wtc:

cliffs: gf sees bf's myspace page with some comments from a female co-worker and flips out. bf thinks she's overreacting over nothing.

2. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Um, yeah, your GF is very insecure. You simply need to be mature about this and tell her "Hey, you're getting upset over nothing. You're being immature and desrespectful towards me and I really don't appreciate it. In fact it makes me wonder what would make you even think I was such a bad guy that I can't talk to other women or vice versa. Guess what? I'm a kind, sociable, likeable guy and I will talk to other people. If you want to date some social recluse, it's not me. Now I think you are overreacting, and I think you need to calm down. If you want some BS excuse to try and dump me, fine. Quite frankly I am not going to stick around for you to act like a big baby, so why don't you think about your priorities and get back to me - if you want to work this out."

Basically, you need to understand that she was probably looking for some reason to trip out. She's looking for an excuse to dump you. She overreacted and acted like a big baby, maybe in hopes that you would dump her or *at least* discipline her. You know, act fatherly or the likes and tell her to grow up. Some times it just has to be done. I would not back down over this, that's for sure. In fact, I would tell her that this is "who I am and if you don't like it, there's the door." You have nothing to hide.

On the flip side, you *may* be too boring and she craves some excitement. As a result, this is her way to liven things up. Crazy? Yeah. Who ever said women were sane? Get it? All I am saying is that maybe she's trying to either make things more fun or get you to dump her. Me? I'm not a big fan of drama queens, so I try to date the most sane woman I can.

Ask yourself what happens if you back down on this, too. She'll get worse and worse about other things. I would take this opportunity to NICELY and MATURELY tell her to back the fuck down.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

It is just insecurity.

Both my wife and I have myspaces, and we each have many comments from the opposite gender. It doesnt bother me, and she doesnt seem to have a problem with it :dunno: I am sure she would tell me if she did :rofl:

Id move on man, if she gets the bent out of shape over a myspace comment, then either the relationship means to much to her and she doesnt know how to handle it, or it doesnt mean anything to her and she doesnt care if it ends over something trivial.

4. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

she sounds like a sinkng ship. if something this small makes her want to break up with you, then what kind of bs are you going to have to deal with later on? like what if a friend actually calls you to say hi?

if the comments were explicit and inappropriate i could see why she'd be concerned, but 'hey how are you' isn't anything to get upset about and serves as a good barometer of her jealousy

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Link to your myspace? Let us judge.

6. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

She seems to be really insecure... Sorry to hear that. How long have you been dating her?