SRS Is she or isn't she v. A girl I've had and not had at the same time

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by VladTemplar, Oct 30, 2007.

1. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I've posted on here regarding a girl I've worked with, I've moved on from that, but in doing so it's brought up an old subject.

There's been a girl I've known for roughly 3 years now and there's never been a situation where she hasn't been in the back of my head. Of course with that much time there has to be a story so I'll tell it, but if you want cliffs skip on ahead.

We met years ago due to a common interest in cars, we met through a board and chatted and one night decided to meet up. If I recall correctly I made a joke about seeing if I'd get a blowjob for having to go out in the cold to get there and she told me I'd get a handjob if I came. So i got dressed and drove over rather late, we watched movies and talked and I ended up sleeping with, but nothing sexual ever occurred. That was a particularly long break because I was going abroad the coming semester and it seemed just about every night I was over there watching movies and drinking with her, we just had a good time and each time I'd sleep there with her in the same bed, again nothing sexual. Thing is, she's never let anyone sleep with her in the same bed unless they were in a relationship...except for me (and I don't think she was lying there, she's never lied to me).

Fast forward to last winter, I was home again. Now in the time span from when I originally met her and that winter she had been through 2 relationships. One ended particularly badly and I was her 'emotional crutch' through it which made her begin to trust me immensely. We'd talk all the time online and occasionally call each other, but it was primarily platonic. Last winter, however, when I was home we hung out a lot more. By that time it was common for me to give her a backrub or something before we'd go to bed. One particular night we were both pretty drunk and she was completely naked when I was massaging her whole body, but it didn't feel necessarily sexual. When I was done and crawled back in bed we'd cuddle like usual, but while I was absolutely attracted to her and couldn't help but admire how gorgeous she was. Now I had already lost my virginity by this point, so it wasn't a virginity thing, but I just didn't want to have sex with her at that point. It just wasn't what I wanted at that moment and neither did she. It was the next morning that I realized I never sleep as well as I do when I'm with her. After that particular instance it became normal for me to give her a backrub and then we'd go to bed with a kiss and that was it.

I should note here that she's not that sexual of a person. She'll openly admit that she's a freak when she is in the mood (I've seen her 'sex drawer') but it isn't all that often. She's overwhelmingly concerned about STIs and getting pregnant, so she doesn't sleep around and I don't have any doubts here. Again, she's never lied.

This past summer before I left to come here (London) I asked her whether or not she had feelings for me. I asked her if I had kissed her right that moment whether or not she'd feel anything for me. She responded, honestly as always, that if it had been that past winter she would have, but at that moment she'd feel nothing. She ended it by saying she had decided she was going to stay relationship free for the time being and just get done with school so she could move on to other things.

Now we come to the present. We've talked sporadically while I've been here in London and it seems she's starting to feel for me again. She sent me an honesty box message on Facebook (she admitted that it was her) that said she missed me being around. She took and sent me pictures since I said I didn't have any and she absolutely hates being in pictures. She'll always drop me little messages and whatnot saying she just wanted to say "hi" or that there was something that made her think of me.

I thus, obviously, can't help but think that despite her saying this summer that she felt nothing for me (which is why I pursued the idea of that relationship with the girl I work with because I felt there was nothing for me with this girl) that she again does. If she does I have no idea how to answer to it. I know her extremely well on a personal and emotional level and I can read right through anything she says usually, but on something like this I just don't know.

How do I feel? This is the only girl I've ever met outside of my family that I feel I could trust. I have huge loyalty issues, I'm able to admit that to myself, because I've seen just how most women are when it comes to the real test of 'committed relationships'. I'm not a fling sorta guy, I like a bonafide committed attempt at trying to be with someone. I've always felt that if I did get together with her that it would work out and that there was tons of potential.

The thing is I just don't know how to address it because we've both admitted that we didn't think a long-distance relationship would work too well.

Cliffs:
    1. Girl I've known for 3 years
    2. We met online, sex was on the menu, I ordered differently
    3. She's been in 2 relationships since last winter
    4. The last relationship ended badly which I became the 'emotional crutch' for and established a lot of trust between us.
    5. We became close on an intimate level last winter (06-07)
    6. She admitted this past summer that she felt something for me in the winter but now wasn't the right time because she wasn't feeling it.
    7. She's giving me a vibe of interest now
    8. I care about this girl to a level I can't quite find words for and trust her without equivocation (I have trust issues).
    9. What do I do?

I thus submit this to the ideas and ponderings of The Asylum.

2. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

sounds like she doesn't know what she wants, or she's just leaving you open as an option.

either way, I'd stay away from it and try someone new.

3. kingshifty

kingshifty Beer make me Happy

Go with what makes you happy...

But I agree with ChaCha, it sounds like she has no idea what she wants and his happy to show a little interest to keep you interested.

4. natestl

natestl I queef flies.

Did you fuck her yet dude?

5. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I haven't fucked her.

When I've asked her whether or not she'd ever be serious about us she said that I shouldn't plan my life around her. Turn it around, if I'm gone she's always saying that she misses me. When I'm home though it seems like she's always busy and when she's not and we do something together she's tired or stressed out.

6. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:wtf: this chic is very :ugh:/:wtf:

7. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

This is basically the story of my life with any relationship.

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

This is the most classic form of friendzone.

Why did you turn it down initially?

With a girl you've got to pretty much act immediately on what you want or you risk being seen as a "friend" forever.

Sometimes people can pull out of where you are at, but it's RARE.

9. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Every time I go back though we're still back doing the same stuff, she's still getting naked and I'm still giving her back rubs.

I've just never made a move for it.

10. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I just...haven't? I've only had sex once and messed around on one other occasion. Not a lot of experience here, though I apparently have good fingering technique? :hsd:

I mean I'm turned on her, she's damned attractive. I just...i don't know.

11. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I guess when I get back home this time I'll make more of a move.

Now that I think about it last time I was with her I was trying to tickle her and she completely froze in my arms and sort of melted as if she was just inviting me to do something.

I didn't :hs:

Is it odd for me though that I can't just see her as a fuck buddy or something? I mean I can't just see myself having sex and leaving or something like that, which is basically what I did last time with a complete other girl.