Is she cheating?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Drifter87, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

The reason why I asked about the HPV Vaccine in http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=4357871 is because my friend's girlfriend has been diagnosed with HPV and has abnormal cells in her cervix.

They have been dating for 20+ months now and before they started dating they were both tested for STDs and told they were clean. While they were dating the Girlfriend was getting regular pap smears, std tests, and had the HPV vaccine 2 years ago. Up until now they were all clean.

Recently her test came back positive for HPV and abnormal cells in her cervix. So that leads my friend to believe she is cheating, because according to the doctor and internet, HPV is passed to you by your mother during birth or through intercourse with an infected partner.

Him and I have both found websites that claim you can get HPV other ways, IE someone touches thier genetals, shakes your hands, and then you touch yourself soon after. Which doesn't sound likely it could spread that way... then you would think more people would have HPV.

So anyways, what do you all think? Could it be possible she has had HPV before they started dating, but it did not show up on her pap smear until now? or is she cheating but insanely good at not showing any signs?

2. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

HPV, as far as I know, is usually in the woman and while having intercourse with a male can have it 'appear' or something like that

I have been with my husband for 8 years so for me to get the hpv vaccine is pointless.

I could just be speaking out of my arse.

I would say based on your post alone - not cheating

3. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

by a quick seach, it seems like it is possible to get it without sexual contact but it is less common.

4. fray

fray New Member

It is my understanding that it does not have to show up immediately. They could have been swabbing an unaffected area during her pap, or it just wasn't active. STD tests generally do not test for it. Not all forms of HPV cause warts or noticeable signs. Something like 80% of sexually active people who have had more than one partner have it and didn't know, hence the vaccine. She probably had it in her system pre-vaccine.

5. D7

D7 OT Supporter

:werd: You used to have to requested the test and doctors/insurance are implementing it in their standard testing now

ts - has your friend considered that he could be carrying it and passed it to her? did they use condoms (I know, not 100% protection, let's not start that discussion) and then stop using them?

6. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

this was my first thought. as far as i know, guys dont show symptoms of HPV, and they are not generally tested for it specifically, so they can easily pass it onto partners without knowing they even have it.

7. infinite.purple

infinite.purple New Member

well whether or not she is cheating, hpv should not be used as evidence. see info from http://kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/communicable/std/HPV.aspx:

HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). About 75% - 90% of all people who have sex are likely to get HPV at some point in their lives. About 6 million Americans get HPV every year.

Most people who get HPV never know they have it. Most HPV infections cause no symptoms at all. HPV can stay inactive for weeks, months or even years before it might show up on tests or cause symptoms. This makes it hard to know when or from whom a person got the virus. Even when there are no symptoms, it is still possible to spread HPV.

8. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

:werd:

This same scenario happened to a friend of mine, and she hadn't cheated, and he tried to use it as such. Was really shitty.

and this

9. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

She probably isn't cheating. He probably gave it to her.

HPV is present in almost 90% of sexually active people and s not always spread by sexual contact.

edit: Oh, I guess this has already been covered. Carry on.

10. Ritley

Ritley New Member

Wtf, the vag is slipping. Of course she's a cheating whore.

11. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

:nono: The vag isn't as bad as the main forum. :hs:

12. Ritley

Ritley New Member

They are both pretty bad. The conclusion is 99% of the time that the girl is a cheating slut.

13. PcH

PcH Guest

I don't understand the TS. Who is "they"? Your girlfriend and her ex?

14. vizyn

vizyn New Member

This. You can't test for it in men unless there are visible lesions. He could have contracted it from a previous partner, and given it to her. Also, as was mentioned before, she could have contracted it quite some time ago and not had it appear until now as it can lay dormant for quite some time.

There is aboslutely no way you can conclude or even consider this evidence of cheating, IMO.

15. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Because normally the evidence points to her being a cheating slut. It doesn't in this case, his friend is just uneducated.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:hsugh: back to the main with you!

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I was just thinking if this post was posted in the main forum.

First reply, without even reading the original post: "yes, with 5 black guys."

18. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

So it sounds like it is hard to test for HPV and even if you have it... unless it is active you will not be positive on a test.

Based on what has been said here... my friend and his girl are telling the truth that they have been faithful and one of them had it from a previous relationship but did not show any signs of HPV until now?

19. NCS

NCS Active Member

this. and it can be dormant and resurface. so no, HPV != cheating

20. infinite.purple

infinite.purple New Member

yup, pretty much.