Is sex neccessary?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by KarmaPolice, Oct 30, 2005.

1. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

2. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

Better teeth
    Seminal plasma contains zinc, calcium and other minerals shown to retard tooth decay. Since this is a family Web site, we will omit discussion of the mineral delivery system. Suffice it to say that it could be a far richer, more complex and more satisfying experience than squeezing a tube of Crest--even Tartar Control Crest. Researchers have noted, parenthetically, that sexual etiquette usually demands the brushing of one's teeth before and/or after intimacy, which, by itself, would help promote better oral hygiene.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Is sex necessary? Absolutely. Is it necessary in premarital relationships and/or for the purpose of one-night-stands? NO.

4. red97gst

red97gst New Member

cool article

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:bowdown:

6. RockChick

RockChick New Member

While I indeed agree with you, I still wanna ask: Why?

Why is it important, why is it necessary.... couldn't we just live without it?!

7. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

I think sex is a HUGE part of the relationship

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

and for men, its the main reason we are there at all

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  9. BlazinBlazer Guy

Good question. Honestly I think it comes down to human (or maybe not even human, but just animal) instinct and nature. All animals are "programmed" to seek out the only thing that keeps their species alive: procreation. Sex in its rawest form is a mating ritual meant to replenish the population.

However, in humans (as well as possibly a few other species) there is the added trait of sensory perception. Our complex metaphysical beings also are programmed to seek out pleasure for various parts of our beings.... hence why most people enjoy mental stimulation. Sex is fulfilling to the physical part of that need for pleasureful stimulation. Hence why, as this article says, there are health benefits from having sex -- a.k.a. "healthy balance."

I think, though, that some people are just overdeveloped in certain areas, underdeveloped in others -- which is why some people place far too much importance on sex... or far too little. Some folks could care less about mental/intellectual stimulation, because that particular part of the brain isn't as developed or prominent as the part which handles sensory perception. Hence why you'll see alot of musicians, artists, and "creative types" being into drugs, and one night stands. On the flip side, there are folks who could care less about sex, and would rather interact with people on an intellectual level.... sharing in philosophical conversations and/or teaching and learning. Hence why some writers, engineers, etc. have little or no sex lives. Their cars bear a bumper sticker stating "Baby, your mind makes me horny."

Sex is important and necessary simply because it is necessary and important for people to strike a "healthy balance" in their lives, in order to be as well rounded and successful as possible. Without satisfaction and fullfillment to all areas of a person's being, life can and often does get overwhelming.

Now granted, none of this is the general rule, nor am I presenting it as fact. This is just my take; no more and no less. I also think it is important to note that religion has NOTHING to do with it. Religion, to me, is simply a pre-defined set of moral and ethical boundaries by which some people choose to live their lives.... whereas non-religious types seek out their boundaries from other sources. Nither is necessarilly wrong or right, and just because someone isn't religious does not mean they shouldn't or can't live their life to a stricter standard (like choosing not to have sex before marriage [or at the very least outside of an exclusive relationship], not having one night stands, etc.)

Sorry that was so long..... but before anyone asks for cliffs, I'll just say that if you care, you'll read it. Otherwise don't bother.

10. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

my same view on the situation. i have been in long term realtionships with no sex involved. granted there still was a physical aspect to the relationship, just no penetration. and yes this was my idea most of the time.

i am too paranoid that i will have a mini-me running around.

but i think that physical closeness is necessary in a "relationship" because otherwise the person is just a good friend. a really close friend that you can talk to. i could be wrong though

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  11. BlazinBlazer Guy

I agree.... but let me ask you this:

At what point in a relationship does the part sex plays become HUGE? It's a very personal judgement call, but an interesting one to ponder since it affects people who are both hetero and homosexual. I've come across some gay people who won't even talk to you if you aren't gay and/or sexually attractive to them. Same goes for some guys who won't talk to a female if she isn't someone they want to get in bed with. And then there are others who want nothing to do with you if you ARE someone they would have sex with.

Not to mention the whole thing of determining at what point in a relationship (meaning how long/etc.) someone is comfortable enough with establishment and exclusivity to engage in sex.

:eek3:

12. RockChick

RockChick New Member

well, thanks blazinblazer guy and quid for explaining... was a good read. :big grin:

13. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

For the survival of the species ... obviously yes.

For a good long term relationship ... no not necessarily.

Would it be preferable to be having sex in a relationship? Generally yes.

14. Supraman36

Supraman36 New Member