LGBT Is sex important?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by stolid_agnostic, Apr 22, 2007.

1. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

or is it a contemporary form of hand shaking?

It seems like anymore people hardly know a name (if at all) and they find a place and go at it

I had always believed that sex would somehow be a loving experience but I've always found it to not be worth the effort you have to put in to get it. it's a bit different when you're in a relationship and there is someone next to you.

I have several questions:

1) Is sex meaningful/important
    2) Is sex (specifically the pleasure it offers) worth the effort?
    3) Is it good to hold off on sex or better to be hedonistic and satiate desire?
    4) Do high standards play any role in the quality of sex or are undesireables just as good? Meaning, better to be picky about who you sleep with or to sleep with anyone?
    5) Insert random though here

What do you all think?

2. fez1juan

fez1juan spadoinkal!

I'm still a "virgin" in the sense of the term. But i would consider it something that is now just a casual encounter between two strangers. Thats why i don't get involved into the whole scene of thing because thats what it is all about. Sex should be important and should be something you would want to give some one to connect to them on another level. But no one said anything is wrong with a little bj here and there.......

3. 2500

2500 Guest

1) Is sex meaningful/important
    well, are we talking about in a relationship? if so, then yes, its important. it gives you a feeling of being wanted, desired. as long as your relationship isn't based on it
    for me and my bf, no, lol. we have much more fun, and pleasure from foreplay. we've had sex before, but find, for us, its more work than its worth.
    3) Is it good to hold off on sex or better to be hedonistic and satiate desire?
    if there is a solid foundation, then i don't think its something you should wait on. but, i wouldn't make that the main factor of a relationship cuz if its based on sex, it won't last.
    4) Do high standards play any role in the quality of sex or are undesireables just as good? Meaning, better to be picky about who you sleep with or to sleep with anyone?
    well i certainly wouldn't sleep with anyone, lol. i've been with some HOT guys before, who sucked (the bad way) in bed. and i've been with some fugly, aol chat room "i guess" type people, and they've been amazing. bottom line, sex is always better when your in love. i thought i've had "the best sex" before i met my bf, but, i've never had sex like this cuz i've never been in love before
    5) Insert random though here
    kiss, hug, snuggle, maybe some little stuff, but.... love someone, and the great sex will always follow.

4. XPX

XPX New Member

I wouldn't know, I'm a virgin....and I don't think that is going to change soon, I hate faggots and I'm not willing to do it with anyone out there. That being said I understand why some people think I'm strange :o

5. fez1juan

fez1juan spadoinkal!

xpx do you mean you hate faggots in the seanse that you hate ragin queens?

6. dude101

dude101 New Member

^^^^.....:werd: i couldnt have said it any better myself....!

yes... i <3 having sex....

7. XPX

XPX New Member

yes, I'm an hipocrite and hate feminine gays :hs: (maybe because they reinforce the stereotype that all gay guys are like bryanboy and I don't want to be associated with that....nice I'm a judgemental guy that shouldn't be one, lol :mamoru: )

8. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

9. fez1juan

fez1juan spadoinkal!

10. XPX

XPX New Member

awesome, I don't want to hate the haters too :o :mamoru:

11. 2500

2500 Guest

in for the hating of femanine guys, lol

12. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

don't hate, masturbate :eek3:

13. sholnay

sholnay New Member

hmmmmm...

1) sex is important and meaningful.
    2) I think too many people have this - amazingly precious view - of sex. taken from my favorite movie - it is "a zesty enterprise". As kids - we are taught that its wrong to do - that it should ONLY be done by two married people. Well what the fuck - I cant get married - so no sex for me. :o ORRRR maybe our parents were wrong (or hypocrites?)
    3) there are a lot of studies out there showing that sex is healthy - its exercise - its natural - its fun - its romantic - its desirable - I don't know if anything is bad about it. If YOU want sex - YOU should have sex.
    4) Hmmm, I really think that no one should be forced in to sex - or forced to do something they dont want. That also means that you shouldnt force yourself to do something you dont want - or that you might not be comfortable with - its not always an outside force... I really believe that everyone should be honest with themselves - and shit - if you think you have high standards, theres nothing wrong with that, just try not to lead guys on too much ;)
    5) i like sex a lot. it only gets better when you can do it with someone you trust and know (inside and out - of bed). The one night things are fun too though :o

14. sholnay

sholnay New Member

internalized homophobia :o :wtc:

dont worry though, im not judging - I just think your hatred might stem from something else that is worth investigating.. or not, depending on you ;)

I used to be the same - but I've met so many wonderful gays - from all spectrums. THE ONE THING THAT I DO NOT LIKE - is when a guy cannot accept his masculinity or femininity. I LOVE flamboyant guys - if they KNOW and ACCEPT that they are flamboyant - its the ones who go around and think they arent, or hate on others, that I do not like.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  15. XPX

XPX New Member

:dunno: wanna ask something shaun? :o

16. sholnay

sholnay New Member

nah.

it was said earlier - dont hate - masturbate.

i know this is OT - and online - and yada yada, but - you dont seriously "hate" fem guys do you?

This IS supposed to be a more welcoming place on the boards - and if I thought I was slightly fem - I would run from this forum faster than the main forum.

17. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

wow...as gay men, we've gone through so much shit having to face homophobia and all sorts of people who are uneducated and have not realized yet that they are surrounded by gay people 24/7.

Yet, as soon as we find acceptance from other gays, we are so quick to be as judgemental, ageist, racist, sexist, and "sissyphobic" (as one academic called it) as we believe those who judge us are.

I'm sorry but there are a lot of wonderful flamboyant gay men out there, and if any of you can't handle them, then you are missing out of a good time!

Sorry to be mean and blunt, but i'm gotten and seen so much shit from other gay men. They want acceptance, but i've gotten way too many sly remarks regarding the fact that i've dated someone over 30, that i'm PART asian (the jokes regarding me packin' a pistol are comin in a fury!), etc.

Shit like this has got to stop and maybe i'm taking it a bit too personal, but that's just me! So appreciate the :greddy: cause it's usually the flamboyant ones who are the first to point out something about someone that we've all been thinking and been too afraid to say.

18. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

i got the best head from a really feminine gay guy........ :big grin:
    we dated for 2 weeks then he broke up with me
    the asked me back out
    then broke up with me 2 days later...
    it was interesting
    he was the funnest "boyfriend" ive ever had

19. XPX

XPX New Member

well.....not hate HATE but I don't like them :hs:

I see your point and I offer my apologies, I should vent my thoughts in a subtle manner next time :hs:

I'm uneducated and an hipocrite when it comes to these matters, don't ask me why I have such a weird point of view :o

20. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

no worries

21. fez1juan

fez1juan spadoinkal!

I have to apologize as well bc i didn't mean to come out as being a self hating its just that I dislike the fact that most people will always have the misconseption of homosexuals as a nancy boy. I know for a fact that the "sissy" types are probably the strongest.One of my close friends back in high school was a flaming sissy and he went through soo much and over came to be happy with him self. However that is not me that is not the way I function as an individual, just because I am gay doesn't mean I have to put on my rainbow flag infront of your face, i dont have to sing out loud every time some madona or kelly clarkson song comes on. I just dislike the fact that thats the main thing people think and see when they think about me being gay. Sorry if i offended anyone by agreeing earlier with out explaining my self. Nothing but love.:o

22. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah, its not a HATE, where i, HATE them, its, i don't like how they act. i am not in the gay scene at all, i don't like calling other men "girl" i don't wear crazy clothing, i don't shout i'm gay from the rooftops and march at parades. i just, live like a human, and have sex with my boyfriend, lol. what few flamboyant gay men i've met, they have all been VERY caught up in drama, over exaggerating, annoying high pitched squeeling laughs. so, from what i know, i have no other choice to make a decision to not like them. now i'm not saying i will only associate myself with 100% macho men, because i'm not fond of that either, lol. i just like a normal, mellow, relaxed guy. not too macho, but certainly not wearing makup and sounding like a 14 year old girl. and i also think it has to do with stereotypes. i hate stereotypes. i hate when grown men act like 10 year old girls when they hear cher and have to make sure everyone knows their gay. i am associated with that behavior because of stereotypes, and i don't like it. i wouldn't like, beat up a flamboyant guy though, lol. its not like that, i just, don't want to have anything to do with them.

23. XPX

XPX New Member

I couldn't put it into words :bowdown: that is exactly how I feel...

24. sholnay

sholnay New Member

much better said than I could.

thank you.

25. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I don't hate them, I dislike them and could never date one of them. Granted I have a couple of friends whos flames are so bright you could see them from Mars but.... oh hell I sound racist now I'm shutting up. :o