Is PMS really THAT bad...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 91crxdx, Dec 28, 2005.

1. 91crxdx

91crxdx New Member

How do you guys deal with this shit, my gf is on her period right now and i do honestly feel like shes being a super bitch.

Then just blames all her being an ass to me on her period. Like im supposed to be ok with it. Seems like an excuse just to be a dick to people.

Comeon now, it cant be that bad.

2. RockChick

RockChick New Member

yes it can.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Yes it truly is that bad.
    Sad thing is most of the time we don't even realize we're that way (bitchy) :o

4. RockChick

RockChick New Member

yeah, usually we realise it about a week later... but then it is more or less too late. *shrug*

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:o I realize it when my husband asks me if it's that time of the month again. :o:mamoru:

6. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

the only way i can ever tell a girl is on her period is if she tells me. i honestly havent had any problems with anybody in over a year (knock on wood). you just gotta be chill all the time and when they actually like you as a person, they dont really change around you unless you give them a reason to. if there is no reason for it then fuck em, you dont need over-emotional bullshit every month.

7. helllooooo

helllooooo New Member

I don't really see why it's so bad. I mean sure it can make you crabby, but some girls just get rediculously angry/bitchy. Fuck that I'll leave them alone if they don't want to treat me like another person.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

No offense, but you're a male. You obviously don't have to go through the same hormone fluctuation that some women do.
    Contrary to what some of you seem to believe, we do NOT make a choice to act the way we do.

9. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Hormones or not, I don't think it makes it OK to be a complete cow to someone you like.

People use the same excuse for getting drunk, like they are somehow not responsible for their own actions. Rubbish. Even when I get a huge case of the shits I don't take it out on other people.

10. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I don't think that you quite understand it is nothing that I do personaly to make me act like a bitch when I am PMSing. It is not a concious choice like drinking is.
    it is purely hormonal.

11. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

pms is usually before a woman begins her period...but yeah, women can be a bit moody

my ex always knew when i was on my period..he'd always say "you have this face" and he'd make a funky expression, kinda like this:squint:

:rofl:

12. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

PMS symptoms are not exciting nor pleasant, some get them worse then others, some take advantage, other dont. Thats my take on it.

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

i know people who double over in pain, and its dibilitating....just as i know some who dont pms at all. she shouldnt use it as an excuse though. if she doesnt feel well, and is snappy, she should suggest hanging out some other time.

14. Pringles

Pringles New Member

My gf is normally good about her period. Shes rather nice to me, but then again she really confuses me.

15. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

It depends a lot on the person. I never really had much of a problem. Excersizing regularly and staying in shape helps with cramps... major league. Only every now and then I feel a little emotional but thats rare. I usually can't tell until I notice I'm gain ing water weight.

16. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

PMS as an excuse is a Western Woman thing.

17. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

My point is people use it as an excuse. "It's not my fault I'm drunk" vs "It's not my fault I'm hormonal". How you treat people IS a conscious choice, even if being hormonal isn't. It's called self control.

18. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I agree... because look at it this way.. women get older you see PMS less.. teenagers and young 20s go emotional physchobitch on everyone...

I can understand mood swings, the physchopathic bullshit is over the edge.

19. RockChick

RockChick New Member

i do see your point but also look at it this way:

do guys really have a choice when they start with their puberty and get random boners everywhere whenever they see a chick running around?

its a hormonal thing, you can control it to a certain extent but not all of it...

control is even harder when you have very strong pms symptoms.
    i wouldnt use it as an excuse but sometimes you are so 'fucked over' that you just get pissed about everyone and everything. but not really on purpose.
    but then, as a man you cant really understand it at all... as well as most women cant understand why most guys are horny 24/7.

20. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Kind of hard when you're married and live with the person ;)

21. shaiboy

shaiboy New Member

medication ftw

22. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Nah that little bastard does what he feels like when you're a teenager. You quickly learn how to hide it, though :rofl: But there doesn't need to be a chick running around either, it just happens :hsugh:

See when I get the shits with the world I may get a little bit shorter with people and I try to keep to myself, but I don't turn into a royal c$#t and punish someone else because I feel bad.

I certainly can understand feeling fucked over for no reason, and yes PMS symptoms would make it worse. Guys do get hormonal swings too and sometimes quite significant ones but because it's not 1 a month and we don't start bleeding a few days afterwards it just becomes a "random" case of the shits. As above when it happens to me I deal, I don't take it out on other people.

The part men don't understand is cramping, and feeling bloated, and so on. But then, most women have no idea what blue balls feels like, or the level of discomfort and nausea created by an apparently inconsequential blow to the 'nads.

23. nexusgirl

nexusgirl New Member

Women get older and they start going through menopause and don't have their period any more...and yes some women do start symptoms of that earlier on (such as in their 30's) called "pre-menopause"

As for the question at hand, It clearly all depends on the woman. Just like some women have mood swings galore while they're pregnant, others you'd hardly ever know. Also, you're not going to find a woman who is the sweetest thing in the world every second of the day until the "week before" then becomes a psycho bitch. It's typically an extreme of one of their more everyday emotions. I personally will get more emotional than crabby.

24. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

All I know is my wife doesnt get pissy or ever use it as an excuse for being rude or moody...so im not going to complain.

Ive heard a few women even state that PMS is just an excuse women try to keep on the DL...:dunno:

I believe it can be bad, i mean with all thats going on...but i also believe alot of women have psuhed the excuse to the limits, and use it as a cover even when things arent that bad at all.

25. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

YOU'RE NOT BEING SENSITIVE TO MY FEELINGS! :hammer: