Is personal training a decent job?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Nev, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

I'm considering trying to get my personal training certification because I'm completely sick of the job i'm currently working. Just wondering what the best certification is and what the best route is to take.

Also, how is the pay / how do ya like it?

2. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

it is a sales job, asking if it is a good job is like asking if an engineer has a good job, or a butcher, at the end of the day, this is up to YOU.

I do not care to be a personal trainer or a butcher, but why the fuck would that mater?

Additionally, certifications are only as good as the person getting them, if you market yourself well, you need no certification, your client success will take care of this. at the end of the day any attachments to your name do not mean dick, I can be fatdude P.E. PH.D. ME/EE but who the fuck cares about all of that if I suck didck at what I do, joe blow, Badass will still make better money, and bring in more customers with better success if he produces results. Certifications should be viewed as a learning experience, not a credential to ride the coat tails on.

Cliffs:
    Pay will be shitty, do what makes you happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.