SRS is no company better than bad company?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by glass, May 4, 2007.

1. glass

glass New Member

i don't have a lot of friends, though i do interact with people on a regular basis and am on good terms with them.

they say people tend to become like the people they hang around. i don't feel i'm making a mistake running solitary rather than trying to connect with people i don't have much in common with. then again, solitude can really mess with your mind. there were times when i didn't care who i talked to as long as i was able to talk to someone, even if it meant falling into a lifestyle i wasn't too crazy about (alcohol, promiscuity, etc).

so on to the topic question. what do you guys think?

2. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

i'd rather be alone then dragged down with others.

I for the most part am a loner, as i can't find anyone i can connect to

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I would also rather fend for my own than deal with being in the company of others that I did not enjoy. No fun is better than bad fun, I guess..

4. No company is better than bad company, but you should be able to find some good company, you aren't looking hard enough.

5. johan

johan Active Member

The alternative to bad friends, bad company or a bad relationship is NOT loneliness.

The proper alternative is to seek out more compatible, positive friends, better company that brings out the good in you, and a positive, whole relationship.

In life, it's really important to keep moving towards what you want, and not just away from what you don't want.

Give it a try. You'll be happier.

6. glass

glass New Member

i think one other solution would be to find the best possible acquaintances in any group of people, even if it won't necessarily be friendship material. so long as you can keep your self guarded, it's an alternative to losing your mind (which i usually run into while being alone).

also, when people are alone for a long time it's easy to mistake friendliness for attraction. another reason to try to keep company.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yes.

No company > bad company

8. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Bad company meaning they are bad people... or bad company because they just do different things then you?

I don't see what the harm is, if they aren't bad people, to call them up and have a beer with them, go out to a game, or just do something with them once in a while. I have a lot of friends that don't have a lot in common with me, but I think it's great. When I do hang out with them I'm doing something that really brings me out of my comfort zone (in a good way) and it's a great way to spice things up once in a while...

9. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

No company's better.

10. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

If you're making good use of your free time, then yes.