Is my z06 listed too low?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by markhandless, Aug 7, 2008.

1. markhandless

markhandless Guest

Im trying to sell my z06, but I dont know if I have it priced right, i need to sell it quickly but there isn't anything wrong with it. I think some people shy away because its priced at 27k, is this too low?

http://www.2003corvettez06.co.cc/

2. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

really

3. markhandless

markhandless Guest

whats better 30?

4. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I'd ask for 30,000 and not go below 28,000 on negotiating. Your car has exceptionally low mileage.

5. dymondboy2f

dymondboy2f Second place is the first loser.

26k is a fair offer, I wouldn't budge from that at all though. I was looking at zo6's awhile back with no more than 20k miles and 27-28 was the average asking price (economy also wasn't as shitty as now).

6. markhandless

markhandless Guest

I think Ill relist it at 31k and 29k will be rock bottom price

7. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

If you're looking to buy a vette you probably aren't feeling the effects of the slowing economy...

8. Smelly-Kitten

Smelly-Kitten Dept. of Redundancy Department *Side Pipes

But less people are looking for them now, therefore it's a buyers market not a sellers = lower prices regardless of how rich the buyer is.

9. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

this feels like an advertisment

10. markhandless

markhandless Guest

thats true, so is anything over 30 too high?

11. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

mods?
    body work?

12. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

but how many fewer is it even enough to dictate a price change. just because there may be fewer people looking doesn't mean that they will shy away from a vette at a reasonable asking price. especially when you think of how few Z06s there are in each area and how few of them will have comparable miles. I wouldn't consider a vette as a normal good so it really doesn't follow the law of supply and demand anyway. However a price change could be dictated by other factors like the income effect.

13. Smelly-Kitten

Smelly-Kitten Dept. of Redundancy Department *Side Pipes

Not a normal good? Everything is a good, even time. Just because the Z06 isn't an elastic good doesn't mean a poor economy won't effect it.
    People who thought they could afford their vette and house who now are upside down on their mortgage might be selling their vette. While even rich people are more hesitant to buy depreciating goods in a economy where inflation is out of control (see "housing", lots of cheap as hell houses, lots of wealthy ass people - houses still vacant). Then there's just plain more people who need to save money or lost their job in the period of time. Even someone with $100k in the bank might think twice about buying a vette instead of another car when he's jobless.

So even if all that means instead of 50 sellers and 50 buyers it's now 52 sellers and 48 buyers, there's now competition driving down prices. Then again, I'm no econ major - so forget all that rubbish.

14. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

normal goods are things that people in proportion to the ups and downs of their income. a luxury good is a good that is purchased in greater proportion as income increases. vacation and leisure time are luxury goods. the more money you make the more time you're liable to take off. The more money you make the more liable you are to buy a nicer car or a sports car. If your income drops you will have less buying power. So you are somewhat correct however without studying the used car market more anything is really speculation. It's definitely possible that people may be having a hard time making ends meet and they need to sell their luxury car and they are the ones that will sell their car below market value because they are in need of the money. Unless he needs money there is no reason to sell his car a cent below what it is actually worth. I haven't done a lot of looking into layoffs and stuff, but I doubt that the people who but $25+k sports cars are the ones losing their jobs, even then they probably stand a good chance of finding work because of the skills they have to offer as opposed to an unskilled laborer or somebody working in manufacturing and production. if they work in the home business they very well are screwed though.

15. jeff2577

jeff2577 OT OG

FWIW, you are priced in the ballpark to at least get tire kickers. You can hold out at this price and probably find somebody who wants a Yellow Z06 and sell it. Be prepared to sit on it though as the market is flooded. New base C6's can be had at GMS now.

One other thing to consider is to put the factory Z06 rims back on and sell the hyperblacks separately.

16. jeff2577

jeff2577 OT OG

On a new Vette yes, on a used one, most people are not loaded and have to finance them.