is my gf right?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bruno, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Bruno

Bruno Guest

she said its my job to keep her happy at all times. well the thing we fought about is that if she wants something small and inexpensive then i should glady buy it for her. such as ice cream, or any crap like that. like we were coming from subway and we passed a 7-11, and she wantes a vitamin water, i was like nah lets just get some juice at the house. she was getting mad because i didnt buy her a vitamin water, is that fair?

i told her it makes her look like a needy selfish brat

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

No. She should never "expect" you to buy her anything! And your "job" isn't to make her happy. She needs to keep herself happy and decide if you make happen to make her happy; if you don't she can choose to find another man.

She does sound like a selfish materialistic bitch. Do NOT fall for that shit. The only thing worse than a girl like that is the pathetic guy who bends over backwards for her. Love is not buying your girlfriend small things that she can afford herself. Tell her so, and if this shit persists I wouldn't put up with it.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

that alone is almost a reason to break up. Seriously, she's a whiny little girl who thinks she deserves to be spoiled? No.

If she wanted stop and get something, she should have said "hey, can we stop here real quick, i want to get a drink?" and paid for it herself.

Guys: This is a classic example of why we should all have standards when it comes to women. Behavior like this is not acceptable.

EDIT: And yes. women should apply the same standards to men, but you don't hear of it happening that often

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  4. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

she is evil. get out of that relationship.

5. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Either you're both 16, and she's a brat and you're dense and probably exaggerating, or you need to run, quickly.

6. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

This perfectly states my sentiments. My ex throught it was my job to make her happy and her job to make me happy. The only problem was that I was happy with myself, and she was not happy without me. That made for a very unbalanced relationship. You should WANT to make her happy, but if she NEEDS you to be happy, she's got deeper issues. The biggest problem I see is that happiness should come simply from being with the person you love. Little gifts can be wonderful surprises that make you even happier, but if she expects you to be buying her little things constantly and needs that to make her happy, she's...well...a whore.

7. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

Beautiful

8. iwishyouwerebeer

Indeed. Glad she's your ex.

9. fray

fray New Member

i second everyone else's sentiments

10. Kdanzig

Kdanzig Guest

she's a needy little brat. get out now

11. just tat

just tat New Member

wow, i read the title, and thought "yes, always yes." then i read the post... couldn't have been more wrong.
    it is her own job to make herself happy, as it is with everyone in the world. as for the part about you should buy her things... wow. she needs to get over being a spoiled little princess.

12. HeartIQuitYou

HeartIQuitYou New Member

are you kidding me with this??? if she wants it then she should buy it. what a brat. dump her quick.

13. FoxyKrista

FoxyKrista New Member

Hell no she isnt right. She should have her own money to buy things for herself. I hate girls like this, who just want their boyfriends to buy EVERYTHING for them. Can we say gold digger?

14. Jd

Jd Active Member

Fucking truth. :bowdown:

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You ever entertain the idea that this is merely a shit test?

Yeah, tell her what you think and let the chips fall what they may.

16. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I thought the same thing until I read the post :rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I think I agree with this post more than I have ever agreed with any other post ever posted on OT (except for the things I post).

18. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl:

19. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

^ She can pretty much run this forum alone. It's not your job to be her fucking sugar daddy.

20. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

while it would have definitely been nice of you to buy her something small like that, and maybe you should have if this was just an isolated instance, it's absolutely appalling for her to expect you to buy it and actually get mad when you didn't.

21. armond

armond New Member

She should never expect anything to be bought for her. To do that takes anything special out of it... When I fill up at a gas station I tend to pick out an energy drink for my girl. Why? Her fave color is green and she likes to try new energy drinks. So I get her one. Not because she asked me to, but because I wanted to. Her response? Very very appreciative of me, and the fact that I care and remember the little things that add up to make her who she is.

Buy/get her things when you wanna.

22. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Sounds like you're with a real winner, I'm not sure why you have to start a thread to figure out that she's a manipulative flake. If I were you I would get rid of her, its only going to get worse. No it is NOT your job to keep her happy all of the time, its HER job to keep herself happy. You're not there to pamper her, you're not her fucking father.

She also should NOT be expecting things from you, that type of relationship is doomed for failure and resentment (BEEN THERE)

23. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

lol that sucks for you; next time you are at the store ask her to buy you something, if she doesnt do it. wait a little while and dump her. it cant be a 1 way street of you buying her stuff n her getting you nothing ever

24. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Not just no, but HELL NO!

One is not obligated to perpetually keep their SO happy. A relationship is a joint commitment to each other, not a service agreement where you "make her happy" and she let's you stick your dick in-between her legs.

It sounds like she has some growing up to do.

25. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

what happens if she buys him it?