Is my carb consumption to high for my goals?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by cura, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cura

cura New Member

I am not a huge carb counter, but looking at my fitday numbers, I think I may need to... Anyways....

I am eating about 2000-2400 calories a day (more towards the higher end). I am averaging about 60 grams of fat, 275-300g of carbs (18-24g fiber), and 140-160g of protein.

I am slowly figuring out how to up my protein intake without taking whey 4-5 times a day. Other than that, I am cutting out fastfood (down to once or twice a week, and I always try to do it in moderation), and I rarely drink (2-3 times a month, ~5 beers or less).

My goals ATM are to lose the body fat around my midsection, and to build strength, as I was/am a big pussy when it comes to the weight.

My workout routine is much like NoQuarters in the sticky, but 3 days a week and about 20 min of cardio (EDIT: each DAY)(treadmill 7.5speed, 2-3miles).

Opinions?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

hows about telling us some more about you....

3. cura

cura New Member

Well, I am 5'10", 173. ~ 18.5% bf according to a omtron BF reader...

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

at 5'10 173 I'd say you have no muscle. Eat a maintenance for a while and lift heavy. See what happens. More protein, fewer carbs

5. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

more cardio, you aren't eating many calories now so if you start cutting carbs you're gonna starve yourself so just do more cardio to get the weight going

6. cura

cura New Member

That is a fair assessment, I think I prove in the gym everyday I have no muscle :mamoru: . So, if I increase protein to around 180g, decrease carbs a little (to ~220-240), Would that be sufficient to where I wont absolutely kill any muscle gain I get?

Realistically, I dont care about losing weight as long as I am dropping some BF% and losing some midsection.

7. cura

cura New Member

More cardio than 20 min/day, 3 x a week? What should I focus on? Increase frequency (4x week) or duration (25-30min)? Granted I dont want to kill what muscle I am gaining back, so I dont want to overdo it.

8. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i'd eat more chicken and beef and fish get to 2500 cals a day with higher % of that from protein and i'd do 30-40 min cardio with each workout.

but i'm a fatty getting not fat down about 90+ pounds so far and have done it with a 4 day split lifting and 30 minutes cardio 4 times per week as well. i'm eating about 3000 cals a day with about 60% protein
    everyones different though so good luck man

track the shit out of everything you eat. calories in vs calories out and don't starve yourself PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN i eat so much chicken it's crazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.