LGBT Is men's warehouse a decent place to get a suit?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mitrong, Feb 20, 2005.

1. mitrong

mitrong so cute

2. Moonwalker

Moonwalker fagulous

dont ask that here... i mentioned buying clothes from Target and got flamed hard core. :rofl:

3. johan

johan Active Member

Looks fine. Presentable and somewhat conservative. Probably just the ticket for an engineering firm.

An interview at a conservative workplace isn't really the venue to demonstrate your hip and fresh style. Dress to achieve your objective. Which in this case is to land that job.

4. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Personally, I wouldn't buy clothes from there. It's probably just the brand whore in me taking over, but I walked into that place once and I didn't see a single thing that I liked. I wouldn't wear the normal clothes from there and IMO suits and leather jackets are the two pieces of clothes that I wouldn't skimp on. I know that Macys has some decent sales on their stuff almost constantly. I'd check there, but try it on first and make sure it looks the way you want it to. If you have any doubts try bring someone whos taste you trust with you and ask the salespeople.

You might also want to consider having a suit custom tailored. It's not that expensive if you go to the right place and the fit will be a lot better. If you buy off the rack you're almost certainly going to have to have it tailored.

I took a little different of a route. I bought a black Calvin Klein sport coat and matching slacks, because I liked the fit a lot better than any complete suit I tried on that was less than a grand.

5. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

Actually the men's warhouse is a nice place to buy suits. I have taken my dad in there on numerous occasions and gotten him suits. He even goes back to get them there now that i introduced him to it. The location that i go it, the sales reps are super nice and are very helpful. And they have name brand stuff...if you are concerned with that.

Just go into a location near you and see if you like anything they have to offer you, if not then try Rich's/Macy's as cedric said.

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I see no problem. I'd shop around a little bit, though. Personally I think a lot of the name-brand suits (armani, specifically) are pretty tacky looking.

7. OMG, no, the clearance rack is where I get my summer cute gay club shit!

8. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I got a Donna Karan suit there that is really nice, it was made in Italy. Good price too.

9. cargojock

cargojock New Member

don't buy the mens warehouse brand -- it falls apart. You'd do much better at a macy's, hecht's, or jc penney sale for a suit...definately go conservative if it's a conservite engineering firm; but if their architecture is new age and funky -- you're dress should reflect that in you

10. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I've never been to the Men's Warehouse, and normally wouldn't advocate purchasing an off-rack suit :ugh: under any circumstances.

...but I trust Taylor's opinions on clothing-retail establishments, so take that as you may.

However, my experience tells me that suits fit best when custom made, and it really isn't that expensive. I had to wear a suit daily for years (private education), and since was repulsed by the idea of a suit. But I recently had to have one made, and I'll say that I've missed the simple elegance that one exudes when in a suit.

Good luck.

11. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I was going to say this, but the place here charges quite a bit. :hs: