SRS Is marijuana therapeutic?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Aug 2, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I've smoked it about 6 times in the last 3 days. I feel like I am normal when I am high. Then I come down from the high and it seems like it was all just an illusion. But when i'm high, being off of it seems like that is the real illusion. How do I know which instinct to follow? I feel happy when I'm high. It's almost like all my problems are unraveling in my head. For example, I just remembered of a childhood experience when I had gay sex with my male cousin. I don't remember much about this, but I do remember being pressured into it by him. I guess I didn't know any better as a little kid, and I just did what he asked me to. Wow, I have been suppressing this memory for as long as I can remember. I am not gay, but maybe this fucked up experience is the reason I fear intimacy or closeness with another human. My mother also would do very minor sexual things to me at times. Like she would grab my penis just to piss me off. I was young at this age as well. I hated it, but I can't blame her. I know my grandmother was a slut, so I'm sure something must of happened to my mother when she was a little girl. My mother has 2 step sisters who are also step sisters to each other. She also has another step brother. She doesn't know who her real father is, but the current guy is the step brothers real father. They are both alcoholics. I never realized what kind of background I came from until I smoked. Like I said, all this information is true but I just couldn't handle thinking about it so I guess I just ignored it.

Basically what marijuana is helping me see is that I am blocking out unpleasant thoughts and that is what is holding me back. I need to face my fears. I need to break this pattern running in my family. I was sexually abused as a child and I didn't even know it. I'll go to a therapist, I have to, now that I know just how fucked things are.

2. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

how did u start smoking?

3. lately

lately bastard OT Supporter

Are you smoking right now?

...jk... Damn, I wish smoking had the same effect on me. :o I feel like I suppress way too much.

4. kgeorge

kgeorge New Member

Umm... yeah I find its good for realizing habits and developing theories about why you do them and how bad they really are.
    I found myself on a couple occasions writing a letter to myself while high about what i do wrong.

Trust yourself while high no reason not to you can think dumb things if you aren't trusting yourself while high. Just maybe when self analyzing while high write stuff down to remember. Its easy to develop a theory about how to approach things better and forget it.

5. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Are you a habitual smoker? Have you turned to drugs recently? Do you think you're addicted to marijuana?

It is great to know that you are starting to understand what's bothering you and what is the cause of some of your problems, but starting drugs is not the right answer for this. There are a lot of hard side effects that come from drugs and it might take you down a road that's worse than now.

6. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

i've smoked in the past, but only once a month or something and it made me paranoid so I stopped. Feeling so fucking depressed lately I bought a bag and have been smoking 2-3 times a day. I say it's helping me, but I'm afraid it is just an illusion.

7. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

It is just an illusion. Give me a second, and I'll find a post that explains what you're doing better than I can. Found it:

8. R KriLLz

R KriLLz Uncomfortable in my own skin.

weed makes you sit around and think a lot.

unfotunately, it hinders your ability ACT.

have your fun with it... but it WILL turn into nothing but a bad habit eventually.

take what you learned from it, then chill out and ACT.

9. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

I definitely think it can be therapeutic. It opens up your mind and heightens all of your senses. Your thought process changes. Depending on your mood, the world around you can seem far more beautiful than it normally is. You feel at peace. You look at yourself and your problems and think about how ridiculous they are. Like kgeorge, I've written letters to myself while high in which I analyze a problem and discover a solution, and yes, it makes perfect sense to me when I'm not high.

Just remember, as with everything you enjoy, especially those which can be dangerous: MODERATION.

10. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

take what you learn and ACT is probably great advice. In order to not just burn out and smoke pot every day, I would rather use it a few times to learn things and then once I know these things, then I go get help with them.

11. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I actually feel a lot worse now than before, I think i'll stop smoking.

12. Basal

Basal OT Supporter

i'm in the same boat as you are bro :h5:

i'm fucking depressed... so much to the point where i physically feel nauseous. i smoked a shitload yesterday and today i felt like complete shit. so i smoked again today, but after two hits i almost threw up.

i know what you mean by weed taking you to a higher level where you can think about more stuff. to me, it's not only the memories coming back but also the fucked up emotions and feelings. i fucking hate that...

there are a lot of common things that i share with your background :wavey:

13. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

If what you're saying in this thread and the others about your childhood is true, then you need some serious therapy. Just posting on here isn't enough.