GUN Is lethal force justified here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

2. Nouia

Nouia New Member

Jesus. He should of just backed that shit up. That was brutal.

3. Dranian

Dranian (..)

In my state (Florida) it is justified. In some states you have a duty to retreat, if you can REASONABLY do so...therefore it would be debateable if deadly force was justified or if he could have reasonably retreated/avoided the conflict by moving his car. Given that he was clearly in imminent danger I doubt that there would be reprecussions for using deadly force though.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would of shot the fucker if it had been me.

5. Dranian

Dranian (..)

It just occured to me that you didn't specify who you were asking about in that video and on the other side. I would say the African American guy would not be justified in using deadly force simply because the other guy wouldn't move his car.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yo son that nigga wouldnt move his car so I shot that mother fucker :mamoru:

7. Nouia

Nouia New Member

:rofl: I really hope you're just trying to be ironic.

8. Dranian

Dranian (..)

Yeah, I was mostly joking in that second post, but if the black guy was the property owner and the other guy was trespassing by not moving his car, that would change everything, I make no assumptions either way. Then he might actually have some legal standing in using force on the trespasser.

9. Nouia

Nouia New Member

Except what do you say in court if the prosecutor asks why you didn't just back up? The whole conflict could've been avoided if the driver hadn't been so indignant. Sometimes you just have to back down, and he could have saved himself and his crew an ass kicking if he did.

As for a bystander using lethal force to stop the attack, I think it would make it worse, as it would even further escalate the situation. If anyone else there was carrying it would probably end in at least a few guys in the morgue, including our hypothetical good Samaritan, as a opposed to just a few guys getting stitches. I'd just let them have their fight and not further escalate things, especially when there isn't a clear victim and both parties seemed to be looking for a fight.

10. striker754

striker754 Chillin

See user text. :)

11. Dranian

Dranian (..)

Oh, I agree that calling the police would be the RIGHT choice but I believe some states would allow him to shoot the trespasser first.

12. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I read that somewhere it's legal to beat the living shit out of a trespasser. Even talked about kicking him in the head when he's on the ground.
    :hsugh:

13. Nouia

Nouia New Member

I agree the black guy had no right to tell the driver to leave, but sometimes the most sensible thing is to just back down. It's okay to be a pussy and walk away sometimes. You get to keep all your teeth that way.

14. Car54

Car54 Member

I wish deadly force was involved.. the way I see it, any shots fired that night would be a drop of chlorine in the gene pool. We dont need any of them around.

15. Dranian

Dranian (..)

Probably, hit him until the threat is neutralized. Even when he's on teh ground he could be a threat if he's conscious.

16. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

i wouldnt have hesitated. one hit like that and id have my firearm out faster than he could say " aww nigga"

17. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Yeah. The dude was snoring because he was so unconscious he couldn't maintain his airway. That's a life threatening situation. You don't cause that without deserving lethal force against you.

18. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

As soon as he approached me in a malevolent manner, he would have been looking down the business end of my weapon. Regardless of who he is, or what he wanted me to do, he's not in the right to immediately jump to force.

From the looks of it, the guy was just waiting on a passenger to come out of the store (guy that walks out & goes to the passenger side back door).

19. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

h&k mp5 silenced, 2 30 round mags. goodnight everybody

20. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

21. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

Deadly force would be justified way before he got knocked out.

22. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

Where I'm at, yes, deadly force would be justified.

At first, it's merely some words being exchanged. Then it escalates to punches getting thrown. At this point, deadly force would not be justified in my opinion. When the suspect opens the door and tries to pull the driver out, game on, as it could easily be articulated that a carjacking was occuring, and that the victim was going to be seriously injured. I wouldn't arrest the messican if he had shot, at least not for the shooting. He'd probably get an illegal possession charged, based on what I was seeing.

23. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

How do you deal w/ a physical attacker when they start throwing punches at you and your concealed carrying? Say knock you on the ground?

When does deadly force become justified because I'd be worried about them doing more if they had a weapon, say they knocked me out and stole my gun or during scuffle saw I had a weapon?

24. emad

emad Lost

25. Nouia

Nouia New Member

Well, every state except FL and LA has a "Duty to Retreat" clause where you can't use lethal force unless you can't escape the threat otherwise. This excludes one's own home. I guess the general rule is that the "degree of violence used in self defense must be comparable to the threat faced". You have to be in reasonable fear of your life in order to use deadly force. I'd assume that you'd have a hard time proving that for a jury if the guy you shot was unarmed.

I'm just paraphrasing the wiki article and the criminal justice classes I've taken, so I may not be 100% right here. Someone enlighten me.