SRS is it wrong to WANT an active social life?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by letitgo, Jul 19, 2005.

1. letitgo

letitgo New Member

I've been in the real world now for quite some time, working and I always wondered what it was like to have an active social life - to have a group of friends (both male and female) my age group and go out and hang out, whether it be at bars or even just hanging out at each others places. its so hard to find friends when you work. where do i look? :wtc:

is it so bad that i desperately want this?

2. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

No it's not wrong to want an active social life, it's perfectly normal :) As for where to meet people.....church, hobby groups, gym, etc. Perhaps there's even some kind of singles club in your area where they plan activities throughout the month.

It's ok to want this, but don't make it your sole focus in life. Focus on what's important...taking care of yourself, your finances and maintaining good relationships with the people who are currently in your life. Good things come when you least expect them....as long as you keep waiting for it to happen, it's like watching a pot of water boil....long and tedius :hs:

3. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Focus on every aspect of yourself, and improve your image. Haircut, clothing, make yourself clean cut, smile more, be happy around these new people.

Educate yourself on good conversation topics. Anaylise people before talking to them, their image may show their traits and interests.

Get out there. Be around people. At work, take your break and meet the people taking the break, whatever click seems to suit you best. Sit down and say 'hi, i'm xxxx' and start talking about work. Then they will get off that topic and back into normal convo, and you are now part of it.

Be outgoing. If you cannot be, there are ways to kill that shyness. Medicinal Rx or bought from walmart, lots of effective ways to be laid back and chilled.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Instead of talking about it, Go OUT!

5. buninader

buninader SMILE!!! I just got ******!!!

could you elaborate on ways to get chilled, if its something other than alcohol

6. Josie

Josie New Member

It's human nature to desire interaction with everyone else- my best suggestions are to talk more with the people you work with, the people you interract with, get a hobby and meet people that way. One night class a week of anything, martial arts, cooking, whatever you want, whatever you need, and you're sure to meet people. Not only that, but they'll be people with the same interests as you. Before you know it, you'll be out having fun :)

7. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

humans are social creatures.. nothing wrong with it at all.

people depend on varying degrees of social interaction.. I work in customer service so the truth is, I like to be alone when i'm at home but I have friends I hang out with but usually on weekends/occasional off-days/lunch-dinner meetings etc...

I don't have 1000 friends but I have a few close ones (still in san diego, most have scattered) and I'm content.

8. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

Eh I didnt have a social life when I was 17/18, but then I realised like you probably are that I wanted one - so I called up the two remaining friends I was still in contact with and made an effort to go on nights out with them and go round to thier places, and it worked because I became much more social and happy within myself.

Now two/three years on I have loads of friends and almost always have something to do when the weekend rolls by. I still like to chill on weekday nights after work at home but I hate staying in at the weekends - and I'm always out partying.

In order to be more social you have to go out. In the early days when I wanted to meet new people I'd go out clubbing on my own, still do on the odd occasion when my friends are all busy and I end up chatting to people who may not become close friends, but I enjoy the experience of chatting to them for a few hours

My phone book has thus grown from 5 people (2 of which were my sisters/parents) to easily over 70 people and there are loads more I meet up with who I dont have numbers of. So go out, get some new clothes, develop a love of yourself and who you are and people will respond and want to be your friend.