is it worth the upgrade?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by anthem404, May 29, 2009.

1. anthem404

anthem404 not my cup of mud

Mar 11, 2007
    Soon to be college student (coming this fall), have a place already, blah blah blah

I currently have the full white 24" iMac, with the 2.16 ghz c2d, 2gb of 667 mhz ddr2 ram, and the 7600 gt.

I'm looking to knock the imac to my father, and in return, get a top of the line macbook pro.

I know WWDC is just around the corner and I'd wait, but I'm seeing if y'all find it worth while to upgrade.

I'd be grabbing the 15" unibody 2.93 ghz c2d, 4gb of 1066mhz ddr3 ram and the 320gb hd @ 7200.

I do photography so I'm using Lightroom and Photoshop all the damn time. I also do music, so I run Reason, Logic, ProTools, blah blah blah.

Will the laptop be a signifigant upgrade? or would it be smarter to keep the imac?

(also, getting a new imac isn't an option. I'm grabbin in for college, and I need/want a laptop for portability in my field of work.

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Seems it'd be worth the upgrade. I'd bump the RAM but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to do that once you buy it through someone like OCW ( I'd wait for WWDC like you said or even til closer to when you start school just in case they make a small processor bump like they did just a couple days ago to the MacBook (didn't announce it but bumped the processor, RAM speed, and hard drive size).