SRS Is it worth it?!!?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by diesel, Jan 29, 2005.

1. diesel

diesel Guest

My girlfriend of 4 months has the following

Paranoid Schizophrenia w/Psychosis
    PTSD
    Bipolar I
    Agoraphobia
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    and has the eating disorder where you purge

Is it really worth it to stick it in and hope for the best in our relationship or should I just try and find a way out?!?! I really do like the girl alot (i'm 26, shes 27) but its just frusterating hearing all the shit that she goes thru.. Plus not having a job and being on disability... It really was not the life I was wanting to choose..

Is anyone dating someone or married to someone with these issues?!?! My gf is fully aware of her illness and is trying to get help but it seems like nothing works.. And she is always telling me I can do better than her and this and that.. makes me wonder

2. I am not the best person to be asking these questions. I can't tell you what you should do. This is really a decision that you need to make.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I find it hard to believe that one doctor diagnosed her with all those illnesses. That doesn't fit. Something is wrong with what you posted.

4. diesel

diesel Guest

she has a therapist, psychiatrist (sp?) and a regular doctor... her psychiatrist has labeled all of those of her.. but see most of them work off of each other so if one is killed off then it really helps the other issues...

what really sucks is can you imagine having nightmares every single night?!?! she does... horrible ones.. she sees blood all the time when there isnt blood around.. we have pet rats and she asked me the other night if one of the rats were bleeding cause she saw alot of blood on the rats bedding and i was like noo... things are kinda getting old and i am trying to hang in there...

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

That isn't a sensible diagnosis, but I think its safe to say that the girl has issues.

I think what you're looking for is for someone to absolve you of guilt for leaving someone that is too sick to be in a relationship. Consider yourself absolved.

6. diesel

diesel Guest

thanks.. :) yeah that is kinda what i need, cause she is a great person.. has a college degree in criminal justice... raised in a very good family (little too good)...

7. johan

johan Active Member

That ^^^ makes me think of those word pairs you see on IQ tests.

Peyomp : emotional issues
    hot knife : butter

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Hahaha!

9. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

yeah i'm also sketch on all those diagnoses.

typically if there's schitzophrenia and bipolar it comes under the schitzoaffective disorder, bipolar type.

that's too many diagnoses if you ask me. I know people with mental probs tend to have a snowball effect and have multiple issues (like me with bipolar, OCD and ADHD) but that's some serious stuff to just 'have'

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Among different caretakers, her diagnosis probably changed over time. And she just lists them off like an inventory. Still though, if she's hallucinating, and he's posting here... its over.