GUN Is it worth it to have an FFL License?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by millero, Jul 13, 2005.

1. millero

millero Aluminum Member

If you buy a lot of guns is it worth it to get an FFL License? Since April, we've (my direct family) has bought 6 guns. Would it not be cheaper to get an FFL, get a business license, and buy the guns from wholesalers to save on costs? Or would the licenses cost more than youre saving for 8 - 10 guns a year?

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I don't think it would be worthwhile considering now you have to have a storefront to operate out of if you want to get an FFL. :dunno:

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Depending on what you're buying and KEEPING, not SELLING, you could get a C&R, which is technically a type of FFL. It does not allow you to deal, and they really frown upon you selling the firearms you buy under it. It also only allows you to buy certain things. The list is a few miles long, because it's very detailed, but basically, it's mostly old firearms, or new firearms with historical or collector's value. The other advantage to C&R's is that there are a few states that don't allow you to purchase registered machine guns. BUT, they do allow C&R's. There are some registered machine guns that are old enough to be C&R's, and you're allowed to buy those in those states with that particular distinction.

4. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I considered getting a C&R just to, there are alot of cool guns that you can get with it :hs:

5. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

The C&R FFL is only $30 and good for five years.

I just bought a Broomhandle Mauser delivered to my door, plus you can get discounts from companies like Brownells & Midway.