Is it true that you marry someone...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by aCab, Apr 7, 2008.

1. aCab

aCab New Member

Like your mother/father?

I'd like to know your opinions. Cause every girl I've met like my mom has been way to easy - I didn't have to try hard, so I lost interest. Potential problem? It's those girls that aren't like my mom that I have to try hard for. Maybe I should really go for what's already there and I know for a fact will work?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Do you want to fuck your mom? Then no...it's not true.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yes. Every person marries someone who is identical to their parent....

Seriously, you don't have to ask that because it's ridiculous. Stop choosing women who are "too easy," therein lies your problem.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  4. aCab

aCab New Member

No, as far as mannerisms go though. My dad said he married my mom because she was the only girl he dated that put him before she put herself. The only girls I've met like that are too submissive. It's not even fun when I don't have to do anything. They'd all be perfect to marry, but for the wrong reasons.

5. aCab

aCab New Member

I've never actually gone out with one of those girls. The only girl I dated was nothing like my mom at all. That's what kept it fun for me.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

Well there you go. You most likely won't marry you mother :bigthumb:

7. kiri

kiri New Member

i think it can go either way. you either admire your parents and want to surround yourself with people like them, or you don't respect them and try to find someone opposite. (or it's a psychological thing like women with abusive fathers choosing abusive husbands).

there are a lot of qualities that i admire in my dad that i would want a SO to have (intelligence, confidence, strong decision-maker), but who knows if i admire those qualities because my dad has them or for some other reason :dunno:

bottom line is, it's never that cut and dry. just date people who are interesting to you.

8. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I dont think its that rediculous...but like astrology, numerology or anything else like that, you need to take it with a grain of salt.

I beleive that in some ways people do choose a mate like their father/mother. HOWEVER (and this is a big one) there are sooooooo many other important factors to consider in dating/choosing a mate that it's just one of those 'things' rather than something to seriously evaluate.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

I meant it's ridiculous to assume everyone, or even most people marry someone who resembles their parent.

Shit, my bf and my dad share the same birthday and I am terrified that one day he'll start acting like my dad. That would suck and force me to leave him.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

My mom is brilliant and morally sound. I hope I marry someone who possesses those characteristics.

That being said, the answer to your question is often "yes" because people form "comfort zones" with their parents and are drawn to people who possess similar characteristics. It's interesting to note that this happens regardless of if their parents have good traits or bad traits. Girls who see their dads beat their mothers often end up with abusive men, even tho they know it's wrong/bad/whatever, because that's where their comfort zone is.

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

along those same lines....people base their relationships off of examples, whether they do the exact opposite or the exact same. your parents have a certain way of interacting with each other, and you are used to what the male does and what the female does. if you like those roles, you will most likely look for a female like your mother because she will fit into your idea of what a "good" relationship should be. if you dont like the roles, you will probably look for a female that is the exact opposite and form your relationship to be different than your parents "bad" relationship.

12. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

well obviously you wouldn't be activily looking for a guy that matches your dad for whatever reason. But if you thought the dad was a perfect man, then it's pretty easy to see why your dates would be similar to him

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

damn...noone thought my troll was funny. I suck.:wtc:

Ok serious answer, I agree with lauren and kiri. They pretty much covered my feelings on the subject.

14. razi

razi New Member

lol... you just called his mom a slut.

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I couldn't handle a submissive girl like my mom. I want to like them but it just doesn't work.

16. razi

razi New Member

back on topic though, I heard an interesting theory that whom a girl likes can actually be influenced by her birth control (specifically, the hormones). ie a girl on bc starts looking for father types, who tend to be like her father in some way. a girl not on bc doesn't have that extra estrogen, so she's not out looking for fatherly types.

guys have no such excuse.

17. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i actually read a study about this, it has to do with scent. when a woman is not on birth control and not pregnant, she is attracted to men with different pharamones (sp?) than her family, i guess to help prevent incest. when a woman is on birth control or is pregnant, she is attracted to pharamones that are those of her family because they will protect her and not those of her mate.

i read this in a magazine, otherwise i would provide the link.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

:eek: I have never heard that, I wish I could read it.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

in terms of sexual preference, i find women of all races and colors attractive, so i'm assuming you mean romantic preferences.

the three girls i've been in LTR's with are so completely different from each other, i don't see any connection except.. hmm actually, they were all brunettes, with brown eyes.

other than that... one tiny/strong, one model-ish, one rounder, 1/2 of them asian, one of them hyper traditional, one of them extremely unconventional.

the last two were also VERY sexually confident (not in their l33t bed skillz, but in terms of their l33t guy-attracting skillz), which is not how i would describe my mother; as far as i can tell.

the first was the opposite...

i don't think it's true for me.

the girl whose father i'm most similar to is the current one. there might be something there. otherwise, no matches

20. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i'll see if i can find the magazine tonight at home and either find the link online or PDF it to your or something. Its really interesting

21. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

The way I've always heard this theory it has more to do with the similarities in additude, mannerisms, etc. than with similarities in physical attributes :dunno:

22. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

i tried to cover both in my posts.

mannerisms, again, these girls all have completely different mannerisms..

one of them a subconscious mover, not very feminine in her movements with the exception of when she danced. then she was very feminine, but not very sexual. none of that angelina jolie style eye contact. she was flamboyant and thoughtless in her gesticulations and body-expressiveness while sexually mute.

the second, very confident, self-assured body language, feminine in her movements simply by virtue of her physique, but not intentionally. almost cocky in her little stride. very capable of physical humor. tough. kind of a brawler (at least on the field).

the third, EXTREMELY feminine, EXTREMELY sexy in her body language. always consciously sexy, sometimes subconsciously sexy at the same time. catwalks. natural mover with a lot of practice to boot. stereotypical girl mannerisms, slightly exaggerated, even.

the last two were the most similar, but still, nothing alike

as for personality, the first one was... thoughtless. words first (and lots of them). then thoughts. passive-aggressive. maternal. maintained "dominance" a lot of the time. (in her mind)

the second one was... all emotion, no logic. very submissive sexually, effortlessly charming in a clever, little way. independent. uncultured. actions spoke louder than words. intelligent but didn't realize it. sporadically insightful.

the third, passionate, logical, intelligent, and equipped with a good EQ. gregarious. likes to Charm people in a very traditional way, also very independent. likes to go dom or sub, switches it up... i dunno. no similarities to my mother, in any of them, other than, you know, taking care of me and letting me suck their tits. the most similar to my mother would probably have been the first one, i guess, but i never loved her.

23. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

24. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Oh, well, I was just trying to clairfy, it seemed in your first post that you focused on the physical. No worries though, right?

I really give about as much weight to this as I do astrology and other things like that. My mom, on the other hand, has this pretty cool theory about birth order that she thinks is gospel and I think works a lot, but I'm not willing to pick a husband based on it.

25. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

I have the same problem. And with all due respect, its like trying to find a needle in a haystack to find a girl who has any respect for herself. I think I need to move away from here :o