Is it too soon to wax my 04' WRX?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Background Music, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Background Music

Background Music I have a love/hate relationship with love and hate

I bought my 2004 Subaru WRX close to a month ago, been keeping it clean with washes but have yet to wax it because I was reading in this forum that the paint must cure before you slap on a coat of wax. I think the guy at the dealership said it arrived at the dealership around december or january, but I'm sure it had those white plastic sheets on it for the duration of the time it was sitting there.

Is it alright to wax my baby now? What products should I use. I checked at the Harley dealership about s100, even though it shines very well, I am looking for something that protects and lasts longer. Maybe NXT? Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was considering putting that clear shield thing (like an invisible bra) on my car. Does it work? Is it worth getting?

Sorry for all these questions, but I am just a man who loves his car as I am sure you all do.:)

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You could have waxed your car the day you got it. New cars aren't painted the same way as repaints, there's no cure time.

3. Background Music

Background Music I have a love/hate relationship with love and hate

:uh:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Repaints can only be baked at about 160 degrees because the car is assembled and you don't want the tires exploding or wiring and other plastics melting. New cars are baked at 550 degrees because the body is off the chassis. EMT is right, you can wax a new car right away.