SRS Is it time?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ford4Life, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I am really tired of life, and today I’m getting the very strong urge to just say fuck it and blow my brains out. I have no family (have 1 living family member, that’s it), no friends, and no real reason to continue on. I resigned from my job in December because I wasn’t willing to do the 60 hours weeks, my heart just wasn’t in it, so I’m unemployed. This week I finally told a female friend of several years what my true feelings for her are (I’m in love with her, and have been for a long time), that backfired. She doesn’t love me, and will never get a chance with her. I honestly can’t think of a single reason for me to stay alive anymore, and I have been trying.

So here I sit, no hope, no anything, wondering if I have the courage to pull the trigger. Wondering if the feeling I have right now is a sign that it’s time to go.

:wtc:

2. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

well... could your one living faimly member support you for a while while you look for a job?? maybe you can save up for a Ford project car or something :/

That alone would keep me going...

3. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

you could think of all these things with a negative pov. at the same time you could change your thinking.

how about:

-now I have nothing, and it is a chance to spend some time with myself, reflect on all I lost, and decide how to pick back up, maybe in a more efficient manner this time.

the bright side is you have nothing, perfect time to start all over. A lot of people would give anything to be in the position you are in now. Just think, there are people out there with the same feelings, but also many other stresses involving a lot of the things you now lack

4. 7960

7960 New Member

when was live good? go back and try that again.

get a new job, get a new girl, get a new attitude.........if your entire existence is defined by your work and your woman then you have plenty of room for improvement.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Never has been any good.

Fuck it.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Can you explain how you have tried to fix these shitty aspects of your life?

7. JustWitherAway

JustWitherAway OT Supporter

I'm going to throw this out there:

Don't think of a reason, go out and find one.

Hitting "rock bottom" can change your life, yes for better or worse, that's up to you. Like it was already stated "the bright side is you have nothing, perfect time to start all over.".. I couldn't agree more, sometimes you need to broken down to see life for what it really is, anything you want it to be. The idea of unlimited potential shouldn't be taken lightly..

You've got a mind and the world the use it upon, from your post I see the only limitation you have is yourself and your own will power, don't settle.

Wake up tomorrow and find yourself reborn.

I'm a little busy at work at the moment and I can't promise I'll be available today, but you can send me a PM if you'd like. I don't really post on OT much, but your thread caught my attention, I recently fell in love the Asylum because it shows that you're not alone, I'm "signing in" as you guys like to call it.

And this isn't "Do as I say, not as I do", if i could change my user name I would, people change things change, it's life, learn to love it :]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  8. 7960

7960 New Member

life has *NEVER* been any good? you've never had fun or enjoyed someone's company or got pleasure from a good/hard/decent day's work?

NEVER?

if not, :wavey:

9. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Dude, sooo not true. Remember when you were going to give your girl that car and propose to her? That shit was damn good.

I know the shit hit the fan right before Valentine's day. I know life has been dog shit for you since then. The girl didn't work out, your family has had a super hard time, you're coming up on the anniversary of your dad's death- this is a really hard time of year for you right now and understandably so. But look, life was once good. Sure, you had no idea what was in store for you, but things were going really well.

You can have that back. Remember how happy and excited you were when you first told us about surprising your girlfriend? You were so happy and so thrilled. You can have that happy, thrilled feeling back- but this time with a girl that doesn't cheat on you. It has to be so hard to have your family gone, I can't even imagine :hug: but you can still continue on and make a new life for yourself if you choose to. I sincerely hope you do :hs:

There's a book called The Grief Recovery Handbook by John James. Sounds hokey, I know, but it's actually a steller read and extremely insightful. I'm willing to bet you'd find it quite useful. Do something for me? Hang in there through Valentine's day and pick up this book as soon as you can (or pm me your address and I'll send you my copy) do the writing in the book and see how you feel. :hs: We'll go from there. <3

10. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Jesus dude, don't do it. Join the military if you can, maybe it might help you. I'm thinking about it...

11. Pwen

Pwen Guest

Yeah, or "now I have nothing so there is no reason not to do all the things I wanted to in life."

If you feel like you are going to kill yourself, than you may have thought about the people who knew you once hearing about your death and decided that you don't mind what they think about it. Okay, now think of things this way, if you don't care that people know you killed yourself why should you care what people think when they see you doing what you always wanted to?

Like me, I want to go to Russia and China, I want to travel but I don't because I don't speak the language and I don't have the money and People generally piss me off so there is an element of danger/death in a foreign country. But if did not care if I lived or died I'd stow away on a Tanker and roll the dice in St. Petersburg. Get it? You are in the most advantageous postition in life and don't even know it. You have nothing to lose.

12. Pwen

Pwen Guest

This guy hasn't been around in awhile. :ugh:

13. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

good idea ! You're going to die anyway, might as well serve your country befire you do, who knows you might change your mind. Getting killed by enemy is much easier than pulling a trigger on yourself.

14. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

You're really struggling! How are you feeling today, now that it's a new day?

I think right now you feel like you don't have any options, but objectively you do, you just don't see them yet. If you stick around a little, you'll see them. The probability is in your favor after all.

As far as the girl goes, You said what you had to say. I'm not exactly sure "how" you said it, but regardless it's history and no longer relevant.

Jobs come and go, changes like these are turning points. Sometimes they're painful, but new chapters begin, usually slowly.

Rejection is hard, but self-rejection is a lot worse. Bolster your dignity. You're not objectively unworthy as a man just because one girl didn't choose you. Men are like food to women. One comes along and has a preference for steak, another comes along with a preference for Pasta. Is Steak or Pasta good or bad just because it's not chosen? Of course not.

You're inherently worthy, but you'll need to see that and believe that yourself. As far as these suicidal idealizations, I'd take them seriously. I mean, I'm just here on the internet giving you some basic ideas and empathy, but you really need to seek out these things in your off-line life too. It may be a medical condition, it might be a passing heart break, I don't know -- so I'm forewarning you of our limitations here.

15. Eurostaunch

Eurostaunch New Member

Drugs are a temporary solution to your temporary problem. Take something to tide you over while you get your shit together. Could be prescription or otherwise, there is something out there that will work for you. Remember, no matter what, it would be healthier than suicide and could save your life.

16. LSchenz

LSchenz New Member

Night is darkest before dawn

17. Pwen

Pwen Guest

Smoke that crack instead.:rofl:

18. Kirlain

Kirlain First world problems

Why not get off your ass and do something for yourself instead of feeling sorry for yourself?

The only solution to fix a problem is actually do the work. Nothing will be given to you for free. There will always be bumps in the road, but that's just part of life. Take your lumps, because everyone else does. Its part of life.

19. ZSPTurbo

ZSPTurbo New Member

anyone else concerned that this was the most recent thing he said and hasnt posted in 2 days?

20. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

nope, because his last activity was at 3:50pm today. which was roughly an hour and 10 minutes ago

21. Eurostaunch

Eurostaunch New Member

Crack is short-acting and expensive; it would be non-functional. In case you didn't know, there are a lot of different drugs out there...

What's your suggestion then? Something uselessly generic and unrealistic?

22. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

When you feel that you are at the lowest point of your life, the only thing you need to do is to look up to see the light. Suicide is a false door, in life there is no such thing as an 'easy way out' , you'll just get reincarnated and have to live thru your life again up till the moment that you commited suicide, and go thru all of it again, and that is the last thing what you want along with a great amount of wasted time.

If your life gets ruined there are only 2 things you can do, cry over the ruins, or rebuild your castle, since crying leads to nowhere i suggest you rebuild your castle this time to such a strenght that it will withstand all the ordeals that life will throw at you.