Is it really possible to be "friends" with someone after dating them?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bobbarker70, Sep 19, 2006.

1. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

Like, still really close friends? Me and my ex dated for 14 months and we broke up for good....she still wants me to come over this thursday, alone to hang out for her birthday, and she wants me to sleep over, but I get her bed and she gets the couch, and we were gonna go to toronto for a day trip to see the musical wicked and dinner, and then back home and she stil wants to go...idk its wierd. She really genuinely wants to be friends cause we did argue alot, but I find it very hard to stomach that i'm now i'm not the one and only man in her life idk. Is it really possible to be friends after breaking up?

2. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

I don't think it is.. I could never get used to someone I care about getting boned by someone else :o

...and if I dont care about them anymore, I wouldn't want to be friends anyway

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Does her new bf know she wants you to sleep over?

If my gf wanted an ex to sleep over, goodbye.

4. gkremian

gkremian New Member

My ex and I became way better friends after we stopped dating than we had been while we had our relationship. I still care for her, and wouldn't want to see her hurt. However, I have been completely supportive in relationships that she has had after the two of us. Assuming the guys weren't total douche bags, but she has good taste so that isn't typically an issue.

I think people can be friends after dating, but it takes a special relationship for it to work.

5. :smile:

:smile: New Member

exactly but i think it depends on the people & the relationship you had. If you're comfortable with it then go ahead, be friends. I;m not but i could be friends with my ex and am with one of them though i don't see him much. My SO now, i think it would be hard for me to be friends with him but i would try just because of what we have & how close we are

6. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

no, you are either bangin or its over...

try to be friends all you are gonna do is think about bangin, so is she

all bad

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I'll let you know if it is

I'm kind of thinking no.

8. big 1

big 1 New Member

I think its possible as long as the breakup was 1)mutual and 2) completely over, with no second thoughts, ie. concrete....

like me and my ex..he comes out if we all do group outings to the bar, but its not awkward at all because its a mutual firendship, no weirdness.

9. gkremian

gkremian New Member

:werd: My breakup was completely mutual, she randomly showed up to my house (I was still in bed, had no idea..) one day and we had an hour long conversation or so. She left my bedroom single. We had been fighting a lot and there were some other complications that made mutual break up easy and allowed us to become much better friends later.

It depends on: the people, the relationship, and the circumstances of the breakup.

10. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Im only friends with one of my EX's and thats bc he turned out to be gay..yip, Ive got the luck! :mamoru:

11. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

probably not a good idea, especially if you still have any romantic feelings for her.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm pretty much friends with every guy I've ever dated. I'm not really sure if that bugs the current guy I date, not that it should cause there's nothing there for any of them. Usually it happens because I date guys who were my friends first, so we wanted that friendship afterwards. And I'm not a crazy girl so that has made it possible

13. blitz91

blitz91 New Member

14. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Yeah, but how often does that happen?

15. lauren

lauren Active Member

ive pulled it off twice on my end, but with one of those i think he still likes me, or likes his dick wet. :hs:

16. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

So you're saying you're still friends with them, and still sleep with them too? Yeah, that's not playing with fire. :hsugh:

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Im just friends with my ex gf :dunno:

then again any time she is in town and sees me she acts like we are still together :mamoru:

18. Isamu

Isamu New Member

exactly what i was thinking...
    you can be friends as long as your relationship didn't end in flames.. but then again, sometimes,even if it ended badly your ex ends up being a much better friend then she was a SO.

19. suckafuhreak

suckafuhreak New Member

sometimes.

20. Homeless

Homeless New Member

I think it's possible if the break-up is mutual, or if there's good reason behind breaking up. Other than those two it doesn't seem possible in my opinion

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

no....i said the relationship was platonic, even though i suspect that he still likes me.

and when i say likes me, i mean he just likes the notion of having sex. with anything. has nothing to do with me, or any emotional bond. thats just who he is, hes never been monogamous, i just dont play into him anymore.

so really, my friendship with him is no different than my friendship with any other guy.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  22. StealingBread

StealingBread New Member

People do it all the time.

In my experience its very hard to be friend directly after a relationship because one or both of you still want to be in the relationship.
    And it sounds like she still wants you. Wait until both your feelings are completly dead and then try again.

23. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

years later, yes it can work to be friends, especially if it wasn't a crazy break up. But this is YEARS later. I couldn't stand to be anywhere near my ex the first year after we broke up, but we got to be friends after wards.

24. Two toys

Two toys New Member

why is it that girls away wanna be friends after they rip your heart out. its like "I still want everything to be the way it was except we wont have sex anymore"

i'm not down with that. my last girlfriend didnt like that i didnt want to be friends after we broke up right away. I told her i needed time to get over her, she just couldnt understand. she callled me the next day and wanted to get back together so we did. 2 weeks after that it ended for good. I'm still there for her but I told her i dont want to hear about her fucking other guys. I can be someone she relies on but can't be like buddy buddy with her.

most girls i've been with i've talked to and then slept with again and then been friends with etc. but theres always that strange tension that I dont like.

i dunno, i guess its possible but not right away, get over your feelings for her date a few other girls first.

25. lauren

lauren Active Member

:werd:

i didnt talk to my exs for a good year....and we never 'tried' to be friends. it wasnt a post break up goal.