Is it possible we will get married?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sipherx, Jun 23, 2005.

1. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

I am currently 18, my girlfriend is 17 and we have been together now for 19 months everyday has been great, we been through a lot together. When we first met I had just gotten charged with Communication Fraud (its a computer fraud charge) and we had only been together for about 3 weeks when that happened, but even then she was there for me everyday, then one day I was driving we got pulled over and I find out that there was a warrant for my arrest because of that charge and I had to go to jail that night, she was there the next morning for my court appearance. The girl loves me to deeath, and I love her to death. We both were virgins when we first met, so that was something nice to share with each other. Everything we do together is great. And ofcourse we have the stupid dumass arguments like married people do everyday. My main question is do you think with us being so young that we can get married like we always talk about. I mean we talk about marriage atleast twice a week, and we always talk about having kids. I love kids I probably would have had on by now if it werent for the fact I am gonna start college soon. We talk about stupid things about the kinda silverware and shower curtains were gonna have in our house. I mean based on everything I have told you I hope you can see we are really tight. Just tell me if you think couples so young can get married and actually be happy together.

Also on a side note those legal issues I had when we first met they were commited when I was like 15. I was just a dumass kid looking to try and scam the system. Now I have a job where I try to stop people from scamming the system.

2. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

I might be on my own with this one, but I think it is possible. My parents met when they were 13, engaged by 17, and married by 20. They just celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary this past February. Has life been easy for them? Not at all. Did they face their share of obstacles? Of course. My mother too stood by my father's side during his legal woes (and unfortunately some prison time), but in the end I think that it just made their bond that much stronger.

I know their story isn't common at all, and I can't say that I have followed in their footsteps, but it just goes to show that it is possible. After all, who's to say that ur realtionship can't be that diamond in the rough?? But don't get it sugarcoated, it will be tough and there will be problems, but that comes along with any marriage.

Best of luck to you both, and keep us posted.

3. hi2u2

hi2u2 New Member

why dont you just get engaged? or give her a promise ring or something?

that way you both are 'commited' but if it does end, it wont be in divorce or something

and theres nothing wrong with young people thinking about marriage. just think a little bit ahead, and you'll be fine

4. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I only know of one couple that has been able to do what you propose. My Aunt and uncle. They've been together since they were 15, they will be celbrating thier 25th wedding aniversary this year.

Other than that though, no one I know has lasted beyond thier early 20s, from high school sweet hearts. I think that has to do with the media, falsly telling everyone to "live life" and that means being single or sleeping around, I guess. *shrugs*

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

its possible. unlikely, but possible. personally, id wait until you graduate to get married. school should really be first priority for you right now.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:nono: Promise rings are worse than the marketing of Valentines day. Please dont do that to her.

It sounds like your relationship is going great. Why change thigns right now why you are both so young? Seriously, if she is 17, she is going to change a WHOLE lot in the next 5 years. Almost to the point where she will look back and not recognize her old self (not physically, but mentally and emotionally). I am not telling you to be scared she will change and not love you anymore, but if you 2 plan on being together forever...why rush things?

The only real positive to getting married at a young age, before college, is financial aid.

Question: Do you to live together? If not whats the longest SOLID time you have spent together. I know some people are adverse to living together before marriage, but I think (especially if you are young), that it is essential to really getting to know one another and yourself.

7. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Well im not rushing things into marriage infact money is going to be tight right now while I am going to college, so we have tossed the idea around about getting an apartment in Orlando while I am going to college instead of me driving everyday for 1 and half hours back and forth. She also said since the college I am gonna go to is 8 hours a day 6 days a week, she would work a fulltime job until I am out. The school is only 60 weeks long. We once spent 11 days together straight during the hurricanes.. But I mean I spend everyday with her anyway.

8. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

oh BTW wtf is an SO I been on this forum for about a week now, I still dont know what an SO is.

9. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

Good idea to get the first one out of the way. I'm sure your second wife will be lovely.

10. DesignerAddic71

great advice :ugh2:

oh and to the thread starter, SO is significant other :)

11. DesignerAddic71

Does she plan on attending college?

12. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :mamoru:

13. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

huh?

Yea she does, but mainly she wants to have a couple kids and stay at home. She already has a daycare license, so if she needed a job she could pretty much work at any daycare center. If she went to college it would probably be for Cosmitology, or ChildHood Development.

14. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Talking about it, and dreaming about how it may be is cute. It is fun and harmless. But there is really no way of telling wether it will last or not. My parents dated since they were like 12, all through high school and got married in their early 20's. Had my sister and I, then got divorced. BUT they are both happily remarried, and still friends.

I think the two of you are tight, but still have a lot of growing up to do. You will go through a lot of changes up through 25 (hell even after that) If you think you are going to spend the rest of your life with this girl what is the harm in waiting? Move in together if you think it will be easier, see how that goes. Wait till you are in your mid to late 20's though to actually take the plunge. I can tell you from first hand experience Divorce hurts, even when you are young.

My cousin and his girlfriend started dating their freshmen year of high school, they are still together at 26. And planning on getting married in a year or so, after she finishes school. See? It works better that way ;)

15. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

Sorry, I didn't realize you're from Florida. I forgot I'd have to speak s-l-o-w-l-y.

I was inferring that you're first marriage as a teenager would fail. You'd end up holding the bag for a fat ex-wife and a couple of kids. You'll become bitter and drink too much, loose your job and turn to crime to support your meth habit. You'll be arrested and imprisoned. After work release and rehab you'll find a decent low wage job and start to put your life back together. Still owing back alimony and child support you'll realize that you'll never be able to dig yourself out of the financial hole you've made for yourself. You will develop the opinion that trailer parks aren't such a bad place to live. Your teenage children will grow to hate you for being a deadbeat-trailerpark-living-excon-drug-addict. Your ex-wife will remarry some old geezer. Eventually you will reconcile with your children in their early twenties. At which time you'll hook-up with one of your daughters hot friends and marry some hottie half your age. So, your second wife will be lovely. Clear now?

16. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

17. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

lol, fuck you

18. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Hey guys sorry it sounded like I was jumping right into marriage at this moment. I was just asking do you think if we were to get married at such a young age it would last or even work for that matter. Thats all, thanks for the comments though.

I am probably gonna pop the question within this year, but getting married probably around 23 -25

19. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Long engagements are even wrose...

If you dont plan on marrying soon, dont ask soon...

20. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl: :rofl: 11 days strait and you think you want to spend the rest of your life together. For 11 days you can be happy and gushy, you can put on the show (even subcontiously) for the other. After a month or 2 together then you start to realize things...'change'. Its not necessarily bad, but its just completely different then you will imagine it. Once you start getting 'comfortable' living together, thats when you find out the person you are dating can be completely different than you ever thought sometimes. Doesnt always work out that way, but most of the time it does.

After a while of living with my SO we still continually get closer everyday. I like the way things have changed and so does she...but I have had several friends tell me that if they had the relationship me and my girl have they would kill themselves. Some things dont work for everyone.

BTW its now been over 200 days since I have spent less than 5 waking hours/day with my girl. I have loved every single one of them. Her best friend described us best... "1 person that got split into 2 bodies". Still cant get enough!! :bigthumb: ( I dont fool myself though, things can always change)

21. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

:ughwerd:

22. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Ehh nvrmind no one knows our relationship but me, I dont even know why I asked this question on here. I know in my heart what I feel and I am gonna marry this girl and I am gonna be with her forever. 11 days was just straight, we practically live togehter but we both have jobs I work everyday 9-5 she has a fucked up schedule when were not working we are together. You said u havent spent more then 5 waking hours away from your girl in the past 200 days, do you have a stay at home job or something.

23. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Anyway as naive or stupid it sounds "Im gonna marry this girl and be with her forever" I dont care when your in as much love as u were when the first time you said it 17 months earlier, something gotta be good.

24. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

I dont agree, longer time you have a stronger commitment, the longer time u can see how much the other person is commited to you. Thats my opinion. I think whenever 2 people get engaged they feel a stronger bond then just being together, which in return can show how dedicated and trustworthy a person is. A lot of people I know get engaged for years and then finally get married once they know the time is right and they are ready to start a family. I think thats the way it should be. In fact I think it should be mandatory to be enagaged for atleast 1 year before getting married lol j/k.. but that will be the next law someone willl try to pass.

25. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:bigthumb: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bigthumb:

There ya go! We all have opinions based on what have experienced...and no experience or relationship is alike!

Maybe you are ready for marriage :cool:

Good luck!;)