is it possible to..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by drewplusbrig, Jan 12, 2006.

1. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

reinstall everything ( like tiger and stuff ) without loosing my itunes music?

i want to re-isntall and have a fresh start but i dont want to loose my music :/

2. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

archive and install?

3. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Your home folder (your username) contains all that info. Find the iTunes folder and you'll find your songs/settings for iTunes provided you have iTunes organize everything for you.

Back that up and you should be OK. Tho archive & install does the same thing.

4. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

what is archive & install? i have my mac discs and os x discs but lost my manuals

( going to do a search incase it has been discussed here before )

5. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

EDIT:

actually all I have is my tiger discs, the rest of my stuff is at home in philly

can i still do a clean isntall?

6. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

all you should need is your tiger disk. just remember to read each screen during the installation process and look for a button that says "options". this is where your options for installing are. if you forget this step, you'll wipe the HD and do a fresh install.

7. samxx

samxx self made man

yep.
    archive install moves your old system into "old system" keke

so you can scavenge for parts.

also, if you have an ipod you can just erase that, set it as a disk, and move all your files (say music) onto it and reformat your primary disk (probably a good idea if you want a "Real" fresh start)

that or buy an external (they are so cheap these days if you buld them yourself0