Is it possible to put on size while increasing cardiovascular level?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Gundam, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gundam

Gundam Tell Drama he's on my to do list, right after inse

I know I don't have anything to blame except for my own laziness. I'm trying to get picked up by one of the local police departments, and I need to get in shape pronto. I've been going to the gym off and on for a few years, but haven't gone in over a year. I'm currently ~170lbs @ 5'11" which is shrimpy at best. I understand that it is best to bulk then cut, but the problem is that my cardiovascular ability is pretty damn pathetic as well. It will probably be at least 6 months before I'd be going to the academy (if I get picked up) so I would like to improve my size and cardiovascular abilities by then.

So the question is: Is it possible to put on some size while increasing my cardiovascularl level as well? Or should I just bulk for a few months, then switch over to cardio?

2. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

don't skimp on the cardio, i'd actually make it a priority

3. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

yes. lift weights and run. just make sure you eat a lot.

4. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

5'5" and 143 lbs, I've cut all the way down to 1500 cals, and gone from 45 mins low intensity to 20 mins HIIT after my weights, and I'm still bulking up.

5. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

you are not putting on weight @ 1500 kcals/day

6. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Do actual GPP stuff, sled pulls, tire flips, sledge hammer + tire etc...

7. ZeeMox

Yep, cut diet. Shit works. Depending on if I feel I've gotten sufficiently cut, I'll probably post the before/after pics when I'm done.

I'm not hulking up or anything, but I'm deffinitely gaining muscle.

8. benny196

benny196 New Member

Why are you on the cut diet at 143? That's ridiculous...

9. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

:roflw:

10. ZeeMox

I wasn't 143 when I started :hsugh: I'm ten out of sixteen weeks in man. And I'm hella short.

And you do know that the cut diet is intended for people that are starting around 13% bf, right? I was at 16% at the time. I'm due for another hydrostatic bf test at teh end of the month to see exactly how much progress I made so far.

Say what you want. Everyone at work is shocked at my progress, and suddenly they're all looking for local gym memberships. They still make fun of my chicken, broccoli & peanut butter meals though...

11. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

Yes you can but you'll need to eat a whole lot of healthy foods and protein. Basically, you should be eating roughly 4k calories a day; w/ 1 g of protein per lb of body weight a day (meal every 3 hours works best). Hard running and lifting. If you're serious about being a cop, and one that will gain respect, you're going to need to work your ass off and stuff yourself full every day. Sleep 8 hours a night. Simple as that.

Impossible, you're not counting your calories correctly or something. You can not be gaining one gram of weight at that low caloric intake. Maybe you don't understand the term "bulking".

12. ZeeMox

:dunno: Sure, maybe all my measuring spoons are oversized. And the cups? Full of shit.

Ok, I'll admit one thing - I'm basing my calorie count completely off the cut diet book, so they could very well be neglecting to count all the calories. Fuck if I know. What I do know is, I'm cutting and bulking at the same time, and the people that think it's not possible can tongue my asshole :hsugh: I'm sitting here looking at a bicep that's enormous compared to the measly flabby shrimp-limb I started with (though still much below your golden standards, I'm sure), and yet despite this, my abs are beginning to show, and all my clothes seem to have mysteriously grown. The first four weeks I was thinking "This is probably just a placebo effect." But it became impossible to shrug off as of late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.