Is it possible to combine .bin files?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MilTownSHO, Nov 16, 2004.

1. MilTownSHO

MilTownSHO Guest

Can you combine .bin files together so I can fit a movie on a whole disk, instead of two or more?

That way I can burn it on one DVD or CD instead of having multiple ones! :bigthumb:

2. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

yes, but generally the resulting file will end up being larger than the capacity of the disk.

The reason movies take up two CDs is that they are too big to fit on one.

3. MilTownSHO

MilTownSHO Guest

Right, I understand that, but it would fit onto a DVD-R, they are seperated so they fit on normal CD-R's.

So how do I do it? :x:

4. MilTownSHO

MilTownSHO Guest

Come on... someone has to know... :squint:

5. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

Depends... if I remember correctly, the .bin file is more or the less an image of the whole disc. So, if you want to combine the two "discs" you need to pull file out of them and burn a new disc

6. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

What format are the movies in within the BIn? VCD, SVCD or AVI/DivX? I'm going to guess, and assume, VCD or SVCD.

Get VCDGear click, it's free, it can extract the files from the BIN or you can mount it and extract them that way. You'll end up with a MPEG file from each; MPEG1 from a VCD or a MPEG2 from a SVCD.
    Then using TMPGEnc click, this version is few and limited, you can use the files from the VCD (MPEG1) and combine them into one.
    And finally using your flavor of DVD burning software to turn them into the DVD movie you want.
    If it's SVCD, then you'll have to get the pro version of TMPGEnc which has support for MPEG2 encoding.

If the movies are AVI/DivX, then you can mount the BINs using DaemonTools and save them to your harddrive and use yoru dvd movie making software to merge and make them into a DVD.

7. MilTownSHO

MilTownSHO Guest

Thank you! :bowdown: Gonna try it now! :bigthumb:

8. MilTownSHO

MilTownSHO Guest

I can't seem to be able to combine the two seperate files from VCDgear, seems like it will only let me do one at a time in TMPGEnc, what am I missing?

Also how do I burn AVI's that are not in .bin format to start with to DVD?

9. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

(I haven't reinstalled installed it yet since my last reformat, so this is completely by memory)
    In TMPGEnc, close the wizard that comes up when you start it up.
    Look under the File menu, there should be an option that says MPEG Tools.
    In this window there are a number of tabs, one of them will be used to join files.

As for the AVIs that aren't in a bin, I don't have a sure fire answer for you since I don't have a DVD burner yet, but click here for a number of guides of converting AVI to DVD.