Is it possible to bulk up over a period of time without doing bulking/cutting phases?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by xpinchx, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I mean, if I ate slightly over maintenance calories (plenty of calories, just not insane amounts like a huge bulking phase...) and high-protein diet. Did a 3 day split, lifted heavy and trained hard... Could it be done? As opposed to putting 20 lbs of mixed fat/LBM, and then cutting down. Or should I just stick with what's tried-and-true and just man-up and bulk like the rest of you? :hs:

2. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

Think it's called clean bulking, might be wrong though.

3. SenorCorwin

SenorCorwin New Member

Yes, i cant eat alot like some of these guys but i just do high protien low fat with enough calories. I try to eat all day long when i can. 3 day split is when i see my best gains.

4. robbinthehood

robbinthehood New Member

props to you guys for being able to do the 3day split... i'd feel way to shitty if i went 4 days without lifting in a week. i split my lifts into one muscle group per day so i can hit the gym 5 days a week..... i've been clean bulking since february and have put on about 20-25 lbs, works pretty good

5. SenorCorwin

SenorCorwin New Member

cardio on the weekends... push ups, pull ups and sit ups.

My gym is closed on the weekends. I work/class the other days so i make do with what i can.

6. nonplus

nonplus New Member

i do a 3 day split also, but i do 3 days on, one off, so i'm at the gym on average about 5 days a week.

i'd go crazy if i let a muscle group rest an entire week. i'm always ready to go again in a few days. the only exception is squats/deads ... if i don't feel up to it i do a light day.

7. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

I believe Timberwolf would mostly do the slow gradual bulk and did not often do cutting and bulking cycles. I remember him mentioning that it took almost a year to put on 5lbs that way. It was pretty much lean mass gains with very little fat...but he'd have to chime in to really discuss what he has done.

I find it easier for me to put on 30 lbs (50/50 fat/muscle) and then cut 15lbs of fat as opposed to trying to keep "clean" gains.

You could always join Blkscooby, Danny, JP, and others who have joined the darkside. Hell, if I can't get to 250 without being a fatass I may join the darkside myself.

8. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

yes thats a great idea so youre not like all these other 170lbers the rest of your life worshipping that 1 net lbs you gained last year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.