Is it possible to be in love with more than one person at once?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by oodles, Dec 30, 2003.

1. oodles

oodles Guest

what do you guys think? explain your answer.

2. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

If you're really in love, you'll want to give up all others for that one person.

So... No.

Although you can lust after many... true love only one.

3. Spaulding Smails

Spaulding Smails Real Estate Guru

at once? not sure, over the course of your lifetime you will love many people probably, so you'd figure two could happen simultaneously..."Love" is a very loaded term though....

"true love only one" I think is more propaganda from Debeers and Hallmark. Life isn't black and white.....

4. JSHTROD

JSHTROD New Member

Yes, there is a lot of BS sold to us. This is movie love. The kind of thing that doesn't require work, and the two of you ride off into the sunset. Everything is easy, and you live happily ever after.

This isn't real.

True love is giving yourself to a imperfect person. Knowing somehow that you're meant to be, and although he/she still has flaws, their perfect for you.

I never quite understood it until years after I met my wife. Although now I do.

5. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

You can be truely in love with two people over the course of your life, but deffinately not at the same time. If you love someone - really love them - they come first (even above yourself often) in your heart and in your priorities. There can't be two people in the number one spot.

If you think you love two people at once, you probably don't really love either one, cause if you really truely loved someone, you wouldn't let yourself be folled into thinking you love someone else as much.

6. Thurman Merman

Thurman Merman OT Supporter

7. tomxfoolery

tomxfoolery Guest

The answer is definitely yes! When you're really close, as friends with someone, for years and then you end-up finding the "girl/boy of your dreams." You'd do anything for this new love and you can even end up married. Then out of nowhere your close friend from the past hits you with that little secret (they were always crazy for you). All of a sudden, you're honestly stuck in a spot where you love each so much you wouldn't dare do anything to hurt either of them. It's absolutely nothing like having an affair and becoming too close with the person you're seeing. It's being torn between inseperable bonds. There are far too many intangibles in life to say it's not possible. Many people who say it's not possible are the hopeless romantics and the ones who have been lucky enough to find their true soul mate; each of them dearly love each other. More times than not though, one person in a relationship is far more in love than the other and the relationship continues without end because the lesser has not found their soul mate. In short, there is love and there is something greater. Billions of people in the world... are you going to pass on love in hopes for that "something greater."

8. guchiew

guchiew Increase your killing power.

I know that this post is much later than the previous posts in this thread, but here is another question. Do you ever really get over your first true love?

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

very possible

10. meme

meme New Member

yes. every love is different. but you just have to decide who you are going to spend the rest of your life with, that's the one you marry. and once you've made that committment you are faithful to that one person.

but you can still love someone else as deeply. love isn't sex. love is love.

a good definition my husband used was if you are willing to give your life for that person, that's love. and i can really see that. there are very few peoplei would do that for. 3, maybe 4 people that i love enough to give my life for.

:)

11. Ubisquo

Ubisquo New Member

I disagree. Your partner should be your equal, imo.

12. weakone

weakone New Member

I love a few people..

But I'm only IN LOVE with one. For me, it wouldn't be possible to be in love with anyone else. Not saying it's the same for everyone, though. The love I have for my SO couldn't be matched by anyone else. I love him like no other, and value his life and happiness more than my own. Other people I love, I have deep feelings for them (close friends and such, but all of the same sex), but I don't value their lives or happiness over my own.

13. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I'll be one of the few that will definatly say that yes, you can be in love with more than one person, at the same time.....

I wil admit that I still love one of my exes very deeply, so much so that I would probably do anything for her, if she asked, meanwhile I have another ex, that I still love as well, and was very deeply in love with her, while we were together. I am probably still in love with her, I've just had to move on, for my own happiness, long story... So yes am or at least was, although I would lean more towards still love these two women, for different reasons though. I still care about them both very deeply, but also realize that there are reasons why things have turned out the way they have.

I am a hopeless romatic though, and a small part of me still seeks the "one true love" BS, which I realize I will never 'find' but I might be able to create it within me, only time will tell.

14. Jules

Jules Guest

this is too close to home:wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

15. Original

Original OT Supporter

I think it is very possible, but the fact is that it cannot be justified. No girl will stay with you if she knows you love someone else. It is entirely possible to have extraordinary feelings for two people that you want to care for and love for the rest of your life, but the bad part is you will need to choose. Women want to know that you love only them and no one else, and when they find out, they usually seek another man. The situation is very frustrating since ultimately one will need to choose a mate or no one at all. That's mankind, and there's nothing you can do about it :o

16. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Unlike most things in the world, emotions are not subject to the laws of physics. Which means that two emotions can occupy the same place at the same time.

Yes, it is possible to love more than one person and it is possible to be IN LOVE with more than one person. Unfortunately, the vast majority of society does not know what to do with multiple emotions so being in love with more than one person tends to create heartache and headache. So people generally try to avoid it.

17. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I have to say that is a very good way of putting what I am thinking. :bigthumb:

18. RadioPagan

RadioPagan K-9 Search and Rescue Handler, Ret. Rescue Paramed

I am TRUELY in love with 3 people at the Moment, I Love my wife, I Love OUR girlfriend, and I Love MY girlfriend. I feel the love that a person can express is limitless. While I chose my wife as my life partner, we have loved differant people at differant times. Some of them at the same time. I Have been with my wife for 4 years now, I Have been with our girlfriend for 3 years and All 3 of us have been together for a year or so. (Yes, Everyone of us is aware and approves of the others)

SO, Yes you can love more than one person.

19. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

I was gonna say, I didn't think oodles toodles was still around :hsugh:

20. CBurgerjr

CBurgerjr League leading 49 HR in 1986.

I truely fell inlove with my Best friend/fuck buddy.....Although we used to have alot of fun, she never would commit to a relationship...I LOVED HER ,SO MUCH....We both eventualy moved on ,becuase our feelings got in the way of our friendship..We're both married now...and I love my wife, but I'll always still be in Love with the other, too...Even ,though I would never cheat on my wife. So, Yes I think you can be in love with too people at once.

21. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

agreed :)

22. Jimz

Jimz New Member

Can you love more than one person at a time? Definitely! Up to 7 people, is what I heard. Unless you're Jesus that limit doesn't apply.

23. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

i think true love is an action, whereas High school love is a feeling. the action, is to love that person, and in doing so, put them first in your life. feeling comes along with it, but it is the action that gets us back to the feeling when we lose it. to love a girl, IMO, is to provide for them, care for them and nurture them, to commit yourself sexually and emotionally to them, and to grow with them, in time. i believe that to truly love someone, they have to be important enough to you for you to give yourself completely to them.

24. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

i believe love means different things to different people. id say no, but it depends on the person

25. Colleen

Colleen Active Member

i think you can love more than one person. but i think that its a differant kinda love