SRS Is it possible to be happy again?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Mar 27, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

I've been depressed for about half my life. I use to be motivated to the extreme and now i'm not movtivated to do anything. The problem is I can't figure out how I went from hard working to doing absolutley nothing. I was happy when I was really young but now i'm not. How do I figure out what changed me? Is it possible to change back? I was reading the depression FAQ thing and it said that once your depressed its hard to change because the saratonin levels in your brain really decrease.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Depression isn't something that comes from the inside, its basically so that if you experience or have to do things that make you unhappy on long term which makes a person depressed.

Its important to understand that the root of the problem must be solved. You see, when you where young you thought you had something to look forward tho , and now that those things you'd be looking forward to didn't appear as what you thought they would be, you'd become dissapointed. If i where you id set a new challenge and reach it. I think that for you its important that you see that your making progress in your life. Start out with small things to accomplish, there was another good thread about how to deal with depression too http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2227160

3. SpaMan

SpaMan Mind over matter.

Doesn't really matter what changed you.

All that really matters if focusing on regaining the happiness, not analyzing the cause, because when you start analyzing causes to everything in your life, your life becomes a broken record that repeats like a movie and never changes.

4. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

yeah but isnt it weird i'd change so drasticly? I mean I went from being really hard working to the complete opposite.