Is it ok for me to do this?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by familyguy101, Feb 25, 2008.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I've been dating this girl for about 2 weeks now. We've had sex a few times and things are going pretty good. The other night we had sex, and afterwards we went to go pick up her younger brother from work. He had to wait for 40 minutes for us. She told me before hand that he is a raging asshole to her. As soon as we got there, he got in my car and started screaming at her. He said some very cruel and demeaning things to her. He was yelling. I told him not to do that in my car, and he stopped for a little bit but started back up shortly. He basically told her that she's an idiot, she can't do anything right, and that he was supposed to sell some pot but couldn't so now she owes him money. This kid was out of control, way out of line. It was very difficult for me to sit there while he was talking to her like that, and based on what she told me about him, he does it to her all the time. She said he also blackmails her and various cruel things. He's only 17 years old too. My question is: should I kick his ass the next time I see him doing that to her? What if I checked with her beforehand?

Or, should I just leave this one alone?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIGHT HIM :uh: Stop being such a hotheaded immature little boy. Unless you want an attempted arrest you will ignore this guy and stop helping him out. It doesn't matter if he's your little girlfriend's loser brother.

Why does your gf talk to him anyway and let him treat her this way? Don't say "because it's her brother," because that's bullshit.

And what does he blackmail her on? :ugh:

3. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

4. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

yeah....sounds like a great situation. just don't pick his sorry ass up anymore

5. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

why do you call her my girlfriend? can she be my girlfriend after 2 weeks?

Anyway, about the blackmailing. She said that she had to give him money and pot so that he wouldn't tell her parents that she smokes it. Very stupid scenario if you ask me, but I guess her family is just weird like that.

The kid is very stupid. He waited for us for 40 minutes and he has maybe a 5 minute walk home from work.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

something to think about...do you really want to be with a girl who allows herself to be in a situation where her brother blackmails her?

And fucked up family situation is usually a huge red flag.

You know what, screw it, I'm gonna break this down for you.

Girl allows herself to be blackmailed.
    Girl lies to her family
    Girl comes from fucked up family.

Great catch there.

Finally, unlike in movies and TV, beating someone up almost never works, and 99% of the time, you come out worse because of it.

7. ImDrunk

ImDrunk New Member

tell the kid to shut the fuck up when he's in your car.

If he doesn't fucking backhand the kid and pull over and tell him to get out.

/thread

8. iwishyouwerebeer

Why is her family weird? They have a 19 and 17 year old who smoke and sell pot.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

better idea. Don't fucking give him a ride at all. It's HIS problem if he needs a ride home, not yours.

10. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

their weird because they only frown upon HER doing it, but they allow him to get away with it, hence the blackmail. Probably because he's disturbed about something and they want to give him some space.

Lets say that SHE is in the car with me and she is supposed to pick him up from work, so naturally, I will drive and get him. And he starts firing away at her again. Then what do I do if he doesn't stop?

11. iwishyouwerebeer

Let her go and get him herself. It's not your job to pick up your girl's pain in the butt brother when he can easily walk home.

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

And to further on this, it's not YOUR job to solve her problems.

So just shut down that line of thinking in your brain.

13. bigsimpsin

bigsimpsin New Member

Say shut the fuck up bitch. Slap him across the fucking face and say look here bitch, shut the fuck up, because next time it won't be my hand it will be a gun.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Or totally disregard this "advice" :rofl:

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

no.

Just no.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

Some people have to think with their head before their fist. This OP has a history of anger, the last thing he needs to do is actually contemplate hitting the brother of the girl he's been dating two weeks because the brother is an asshole.

17. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

The thing is, there shouldn't need to be anything for him to protect her over.

It's HER problem to solve, not HIS. She's the one allowing herself to be disrespected and blackmailed.

And as always, wanting to do something is not the same as actually doing it. We get WHY he wants to do it, the dude's a jerk. Does not mean at all that he should actually do it.

I am firmly convinced that unless you are in danger, you can get out of a situation without violence.

This situation is NOT AT ALL one where violence needs to be considered.

19. Jimeigh

if your relationship is at all serious, then someone disrespecting your woman is disrespecting you by extension. she can deal with her family problems, like being blackmailed by her brother, without your help. she could start by quitting the pot. but there's really no reason you should be allowing him to verbally abuse her (by extension- YOU) when you're around.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Where did he say the brother is physically abusive?

21. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

that still does nothing to help her really, unless he plans to be around her constantly.

He'd be better off encouraging her to stand up for herself and put a stop to the disrespect.

22. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd:
    +
    Staying away from the brother. No one said they had to be best buddies and carpoolers.

23. Jimeigh

this is true, but being that she's probably developed a submissive personality, it'll be harder for her than it normally would be. still, good advice.

24. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

alternative solution for the OP:

Say you're hanging out, brother calls, or she says this ,whatever (basically however it comes up).

She says "Oh, my brother needs a ride home. Your response "OK, have fun, I'll be here when you get back" or "Ok, I'll meet you so and so when you're done".

You're not a taxi, right?

And I get it, you might not want to say that, because she might get mad or upset...but you are in no way obligated to provide transportation for her brother.

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

"hey, chick i'm dating. Because I care about you, it really bothers me to see anyone, especially a family member, treat you the way your brother does. I simply can't be around it. When you're ready to pull your head out of your ass and deal with this problem instead of perpetuating what is likely an overall issue with letting people walk all over you, let me know. I'll be there to help you out and support you when you're ready to really deal with this situation, but until you are, I want nothing to do with it."