SRS Is it normal to get severely depressed maybe once a month

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Naturally Baked, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

:hs:

I tend to get depressed in cycles it seems. Something always triggers it and I just slip back into depression for a day or 2 or more sometimes. Tonight I just drove for an hour around town because it takes my mind away from everything. I think a lot of the reason I am depressed is because I have no idea where my life is going. I know where i want it to go but don't know if I'll get there. Not only that but I just feel alone all the time. I have friends, family, and people who love and care about me....but for some reason I just always feel like im alone and its honestly one of the worst feelings :(

Just venting I guess.....feeling shitty :\

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Mine comes and goes. I'm happy 98% of the time, but maybe once or twice in a month I'll just feel like crap. I don't think anybody is happy all of the time.

You could sit down and create a plan for getting where you want to be in life.

3. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

This type of thing happens to me on occasion. You're not alone my dude.

Sometimes it helps to open up to someone you trust, and even if they don't have any useful advice...you'll feel better knowing you verbally expressed how you are feeling about yourself and life. At least for me, sometimes talking out loud to someone will help me realize where I've gone wrong and what I need to change to ultimately make myself a better, happier, person.

4. Sirian

Sirian New Member

I'm right there with you, but I think a lot of it has to do with my relationship ending a couple months ago. It just threw my world into such a turmoil that I don't really know what I want out of it anymore. We had planned out pretty much what was going to happen in our lives for the next year while I finished school and eventually took a job where we could live together.

Now all of that is out the window. Some people would be relieved to be "Free" to do what they want, but what I wanted was to move in with my GF and make the transition to the mid-20s working crew with a good steady girlfriend. Now that's not really an option, I don't know my direction in life.

I just deal with it by trying to focus on a day to day schedule and not think long term anymore. Is it a cure? Not really, just a coping mechanism.

5. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

:werd:

same situation happened to me. broke up with the GF and was like "What do I do now?"