SRS is it normal to get depressed?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Naturally Baked, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

is it normal to get really depressed once in a while? I was just looking at this memorial for friends who commited suicide and I just feel so fucken hopeless right now for some reason...like they were so normal and then poof they do that shit like wtf?! I think its cus of the fucking mind set we have of "school,get married, have kids, work, make money, die"...And I think im realizing I want more than that in life.... I hardly cry (didnt even cry when a close uncle died, havent cried for a death since the first death in my family when I was 12), but tonight I did...now Im worried about my sister, shes having a tuff time in High school and I just want her to know that nothing in HS matters, fuck everyone in HS that makes it a nightmare for you and go and be something bigger then those fucking pricks, not even grades fucking matter, just go to community college and get a decent GPA....IDK, just kinda feeling down right now....:wtc:

2. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah its normal, i mean, whos happy 100% of the time. i believe the people who understand life are the ones who get depressed sometimes. ya know, people who just surf through life, with their heads in the clouds, always happy, never really catch the bigger picture. people who really think about life, and what life is, and how to better themselves... those are the ones who feel down sometimes. but, i wouldn't worry about it. the baseline is HS, married, kids, work, money die. but theres a whole world above and below that. imagine "HS, married, kids, work, money, die" is the 0 point on an X axis. now, thats "normal" but there is still so much higher (and lower) you can go on the Y. no one said you have to stay at 0. the axis has no end, and neither are the things you can accomplish and do in life if your willing to work to get there. and i wouldn't worry about your sister either. if i didn't have a partially hellish time in HS, i wouldn't be who i am today. the bullshit you go through in highschool molds you into an adult, and you learn things you can only learn in highschool. like, life shit, not education. well that too, but you know what i mean. and she, like every other human, will learn "fuck, i sweated hs so much when i was in it, but now, it doesn't mean shit, but i'm glad i went through it."

3. Naturally Baked

yeah I know, thats what I want her to realize....Shes got a lot of friends and stuff but she just gets so caught up in stupid ass drama everytime she talks to me about it I just tell her to say fuck it and forget about it because it doesnt matter....idk I guess the reason why im so upset is just cus tomorow is her b-day and realizing that all these "normal" kids I knew committed suicide kinda scares me..:hs:

4. 2500

2500 Guest

trust me, they weren't as "normal" as you think they are. they were just good actors. i've known people who commited suicide also. are you worried about your sis commiting suicide or is it just something that adds to the down feeling?

5. Naturally Baked

Idk, I think it was just something that added to the down feeling...I feel fine now :)...I think I was just having a bad night after seeing the memorial :hs: